Is the trip from Samana to Punta Cana worth it?

cancoldblues

Feb 2, 2009
We are visiting next month (arriving in POP) and we can get the best deal on plane tickets if we fly home to Canada from Punta Cana but we are planning to stay in Las Terrenas. Could anyone tell me how much of a pain will it be to get to PC from LT in terms of length/complexity of trip and $$? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth spending extra to fly home via POP.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
There is a daily flight from Las Terrenas to Punta Cana at 11 AM with the company AeroDomca, 45 mins - 150.00 US$ per person.... The drive would be quite long.

lt

toursamanawithterry

Jan 30, 2009
The drive from Samana would be about 4.5 hours. It would consist of using the new tool road. The first 50 kilo. from LT will be partly good road and then very bad road. The next 70 kilos will be Canada like while you are on the new toll road. The next 150 kilo. will be of various conditions until you get to PC. You can take the ferry across the bay for 45 min. and $6 each and have a taxi waiting for you and pay around $100 to 150 to get to PC in about 1.5 hours more in the taxi. You would have to save a ton of money in order to make it worth using the Punta Cana airport from las Terrenas. I have flown 19 round trips in the last 6 years while living in Samana and I have yet to use the Punta Cana airport because it is just not worth it. I would say you must save at least $400 to 500 dollars on your tickets in order to make it worth the effort.

If you have any questions feel free to email me by clicking on my name.

I like to think of myself as a kinda Samana expert. (I am learning something new everyday from my many local friends.)

Last edited by a moderator: