EPS package at Customs?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I ordered some Chinese Five Spice Powder for cooking as that is an important ingredient and cannot be left out for many recipes.

EPS the mail service in Sosua sent me an email saying package is at customs.

The package could be considered suspicious looking as it is 1 lb in a foil package.

When they taste it or discover it's a spice not anything illegal will I get it sent to me......if anyone knows?

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
LOL ....... i had a similar problem! at the end they wanted about 12,000 pesos lab fees for sanidad to check out the product, for an 14 dollar article (algae powder 1 pound). i told no way! they should destroy it and then unbelievable....i received it without paying one cent addl.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The funny thing is I actually recieved the 5 spice powder.

It turns out EPS informed me as to who the wrong sender was and I was expecting 5 packages and they are holding on to my MP3 as they can't determine the value.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I ordered some Chinese Five Spice Powder for cooking as that is an important ingredient and cannot be left out for many recipes.

EPS the mail service in Sosua sent me an email saying package is at customs.

The package could be considered suspicious looking as it is 1 lb in a foil package.

When they taste it or discover it's a spice not anything illegal will I get it sent to me......if anyone knows?

where do you live>>>China Town here in SD has chinese super mercados with plenty of 5spice powder.I use it all the time...real inexpensive also...
bob

Reactions: MikeFisher

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
where do you live>>>China Town here in SD has chinese super mercados with plenty of 5spice powder.I use it all the time...real inexpensive also...
bob

I live in Sin City ( Sosua )

Do they have eggroll dough as opposed to spring roll

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
heck,
if you drive a strong car you always have fresh Chivo meat,
you live also close to the ocean, so you have fresh cheap fish.
what the heck do you need that spicy powder stuff imported for??
he he
forget about those customs hassles, it's completely independent of the value of the package.
i had a while ago a 'lost' package, been a package from my baby sis with a bunch of small cheap plastic toys for the kiddies, she got that stuff for a top deal which made the simple shipping more valued than the toys, but it's been a big package, lot's of 'em.
she told me that she sent it and asked if i received "something"(as surprise) a week after she sent it.
i did not receive a thing.
she sent it with the simple basic postal services, no UPS, no DHL no ....
4!!!!!!! months later i really received a
NOTE FROM CUSTOMS
with a brief description where i have to show up at a office in La Romana.
well, it took me more than a week before i had the time, i went there, i found the place(i really know nothing than the throu driving main road of la romana, lol), some people sent me to other people and after much toooo much time there i gave up and drove back home.
it is like it is.
and for the spicy sauces which you can buy here on the Isle anyways,
heck buddy,
buy 'em over here, hassle free, no explanantions needed, no waiting time, he he
Mike

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I've had spices as well as herbs and even deer antler powder come in quite a few times. I could tell, they opened each and every package but never even had a question... much to my surprise, as they scribble on the packages what they found, they had ID'd it quite accurately.

... J-D.