Jobs in Demand

BlatinoNProud

Sep 7, 2008
I have noticed that everyone is saying that its hard to find employment in the DR, etc. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what jobs are in Demand.

Thanks beforehand.

imissdr

Feb 5, 2009
call center

What are you looking to do? I'm doing some work as an Business Development Manager for many opportunities. The call center opp is huge! depending where you live. I also have many opps for work at home careers, perhaps you have seen my ad in the Employment section: Independent Contractors needed. Let me know if I can help you and also where do you live.

Hi! You mention the call center opp is huge...so if i speak french, english a little spanish (let's say 7/10) and im canadien, do i get a chance? Did i mention i do have experience in a 96 employees call center average of 120 calls a day per person..and how much money should i expect?
thank you so much!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
not much

Hi! You mention the call center opp is huge...so if i speak french, english a little spanish (let's say 7/10) and im canadien, do i get a chance? Did i mention i do have experience in a 96 employees call center average of 120 calls a day per person..and how much money should i expect?
thank you so much!

well an inbound op was getting 110rd an hour so for 40hr wk that is about 124us a week. No premium for bilengual, might make more at language line. think a supervisor was making 25-35krd a month.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
It isn't that work is difficult to find here, loads about if you're not fussy. The problem is living on what you can earn. The opportunities you hear people talk about online, and these people who seem to have landed the opportunity of a lifetime on a great wage just don't seem to exist in my experience, I think some must get off on trying to cause some sort of jealousy as after quite a while here I've never actually met anyone who has one of these well paid jobs where survival is not a problem. Far more people work along with an extra income from home or a business here rather than make it without outside income.
The usual for call centres tend to be around 15,000 pesos per month, customer care ops which has far more opportunities for progression would be around 15,000 pesos plus $200-$300 US on top. This is Pto Plata area and I'm sure wages must change according to area.

BlatinoNProud

Sep 7, 2008
Well i am hoping to do something in the medical field. As to where i would like to work/live i am not sure. I was hoping to check at the Jarabacoa area but i'm not fussy. As to the wages, i will not be to picky. Thank you for any advice.

kurdela

Jan 23, 2009
Is Spanish necessary for a call centre work?

Do you have to be fluent in Spanish to work in a call centre? Where in DR is most of the call centres located?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Depends

Do you have to be fluent in Spanish to work in a call centre? Where in DR is most of the call centres located?

Most of the call centers I know of are doing inbound calling from the USA both spanish and english. Lots of them no spanish needed,
Santo Domingo, Santiago ?