Missing American in Dr-Jack Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyphillips

Feb 4, 2009
Hello

I am looking for my father Jack Phillps
he left for Dr on 1/13. We can not contact him. People down there that he
has been in contact have not seen him. We are in contact with state Depart.
Does anyone out there have any information????
lease help us find him!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The DR is a big place, where was he headed? Was he on a one week vacation?

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
More info

Did your father come to visit with anyone? Does he own any property in SD? Puerto Plata? Santiago? Anyplace? Can you post any photographs? More information is needed to help!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
First off check his bank accounts for activity and if you don't have access ask your local police department about what is needed to file a missing persons report so that you can take this to the bank and find out.

Failing that you need to provide his flight and hotel info and a picture would be nice too. Also, does he speak any Spanish?

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I met Jack several years ago and many of his friends in the DR are aware of his disappearance and looking for him. He would most likely be somewhere in Santo Domingo in the Colonial Zone. He is a wonderful man and we are all very worried about him. Our prayers are with you and your family Marty and we are all praying for his safety. I'll be down there in two weeks and I am hopeful that Jack and I will be sharing a cup of Dominican coffee or a cold Presidente when I arrive.

I am not sure how to post Jack's picture on the DR1 Forum, but that might be very helpful.

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
Please post a pic of Mr. Phillips, I'm in the San Carlos/Zona Colonial area and would keep my eyes peeled for him if I knew what he looked like...Or anybody putting flyers up?

CJnNJ

Aug 7, 2005
Additional Photo and Info

I was unable to include the additional paragraph in the alloted editing time frame.

I found this link with a photo of Mr. Phillips on another travel site. There is another link on the site which will take you to Monaga's site which posted Mr. Phillips disappearance a couple of days ago

I hope it all turns out ok.

CJ

JPhillips.jpg
JPhillips2.jpg

Posted at the request of a family member

martyphillips

Feb 4, 2009
Thank you for posting picture of my father
he had property there, was suppose to be there until march.
he always kept in contact via email.
last we heard from a friend of a friend who knew his driver
was suppose to go to airport to pick up lost bag. we are trying to get
more information and addresses down there. will post more info as we get it.
Thanks

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Hello

I am looking for my father Jack Phillps
he left for Dr on 1/13. We can not contact him. People down there that he
has been in contact have not seen him. We are in contact with state Depart.
Does anyone out there have any information????
lease help us find him!!!

Forget the US Embassy and just hop on a plane to the DR...

Bring all the documents you can with you related to your father. Once here go to his home/biz and ask about him to friends or neighbors there.

Go to the National Police and tell them you're suspicious about his no communication and there's a probability that he was kidnap in the DR.

The DR owns an excellent record on kidnappings and the likes...

The more time that you let go by, the colder the trails becomes...

The MO of the Police here is to roundup the usual suspects and beat (oops!) I meant "interrogate" them for information and leads, which are always available after the roundups.

Nobody disappears into thin air in the DR, as there's always somebody that saw something/somebody else/car/etc...

If you only had an idea of how many foreigners that come to the DR and just drop off from the family's radar on occasions, you would understand why using the US Embassy to search for information on a missing family member is treated as "casual" by them.

If your father has never done this, take some sick time out from work and make the trip to the DR. I still find it hard to believe that he travels a lot to the DR on biz, yet you can't find anybody on the other end of that biz that can provide you with info about his whereabouts...

In the DR, nobody does biz with a guy that his last known residence was the car he stepped off from to the biz meeting.

He's sure to have a DR's issued cell phone, a rental residence, a car or rental car/driver, bills under his name as he conducted biz here...

Like I said, there are a lot of things that you can do here in the DR unlike using the diplomatic presence of the US in the country.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Pichardo is absolutely right! It is extremely difficult to get anything done long distance. Even though Jack has friends in the DR who are aware of his disappearance and looking for him, family members who are in country will be treated differently by the police authorities and the Embassy. If someone in your family can get down there pronto, it will be much better.

Reactions: FernieBee

chiman0624

Jul 15, 2003
many of us know jack and can verify that was always very careful. he would not go off with a stranger. he had a list of taxi drivers he trusted and would not ride with someone he was not aware of. we are all very concerned for jack and for ourselves also. the authorities need to treat this seriously. No that i know who knew Jack has been approached by the police. i spoke to the PN and they took down information that i gave them, but how many of us have given information to the PN? if you care, take action!!!

jim girton

martyphillips

Feb 4, 2009
How does one disappear with out a trace

I know that he had many friends in D.R. it seems like you all know each other. Were ther any disputes that you knew of with any acquintances?? My father was someone who lived life to the fullest, always felt life was too short, so enjoy each day. I can't believe he got off the airplane and just disappeared into thin air without anyone seeing anything. How is that possible??

chiman0624

Jul 15, 2003
Good morning,

i am truly sorry for what seems to be happeing. Yes, we all know each other.

Jack and i were friends and then we were not friends, and then we were friends. He and i had a dispute that almost led to a lawsuit but it was worked out. Sometimes jack talked and gossiped too much and that led to problems with me and several other people including dana murphy and david lee. I think that all became settld by each simply staying away from each other.

If i can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

My direct email address is> chiman0624@yahoo.com

all the best,

jim girton

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
The frustration and sadness in your post is palpable and totally understandable. I am truly sorry to hear about this situation and particularly so since Jack has always demonstrated kindness to me. Santo Domingo can be, as most urban capitols in the world, a dangerous place, particularly if you are not a naitive, whether you live there or not, and no matter how many times you visit. You really cannot afford to let down your guard even for an instant. When one becomes familiar with SD and comfortable there, it is easy to forget to remain vigilant. I pray that Jack is safely found and found very soon. You should know that there are a lot of people in SD looking for him and who care about his wellbeing.

I know that he had many friends in D.R. it seems like you all know each other. Were ther any disputes that you knew of with any acquintances?? My father was someone who lived life to the fullest, always felt life was too short, so enjoy each day. I can't believe he got off the airplane and just disappeared into thin air without anyone seeing anything. How is that possible??

martyphillips

Feb 4, 2009
Jack Phillips

Nothing new as of yet. We are in contact with embassy daily and NP is actively workig on the case. As fas as I know they have not entered the house yet. Were trying to work with lawyers down there to assist and get a locksmith to secure the property after they break the door down. I don't understand some of the policy and procedure of the D.R.
Thank you all for your concern.
Martha

Status
Not open for further replies.