La Mulata Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2008
Anyone have any news on La Mulata road and its current conditions? I am coming back in early April. I want to rent the correct type of vehicle (last trip the rental car didn't fare well). Thanks!!:bunny:

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
the roads still the same... rent a car with good suspension !!

regards

carl

Anyone have any news on La Mulata road and its current conditions? I am coming back in early April. I want to rent the correct type of vehicle (last trip the rental car didn't fare well). Thanks!!:bunny:

See if you can rent a Hummer from the the military instalation at the air force base in Puerto Plata that would be suitable for your needs. Other than that a full sized jeep might be the vehicle of choice.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
They were making the road better, however, when it rained for 3-4 days, the rain washed out most of what they did. Rent a small SUV.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I drive it every day and its as bad as its ever been in the last two years. They did steamroller it about ten days ago and that helped until it rained and rained and rained. Miserable road.

Mar 5, 2007
roads??

Do they not crown the roads and have proper ditching to move the water away from the road.
For those of you who don't know crowning is to raise the center of the road so that water will run to the sides
Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.