bamboo policy????

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
is there a new policy ,or law re-this plant in this country.. i hope i have not lost all.. and there have been warnings about planting... as dominicans dont like this... just what are the complications.. now and later... i went to a local nursery that had bamboo on the border of their property but sometimes things are not as they appear. i was told last year i could take bamboo. this year it is gone... i understand a school expansion... new larger playground... i guess i should know the ins and the outs of this . is bamboo a special thing here?? can i carry it? sell it? thanks very much. im still wanting to plant the bamboo...ive got the location, land employment a lad. and the planting material ordered...maybe i should make a work order.(ha ha ha);)

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
not sure but someone called me today and wanted to sell me bamboo and minimum order was 1250$ u.s. is someone giving out my phone #? im thinking that the dept of agriculture here has to grow it.. any ideas or anyone know. gotta google it...

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Why would be any restrictions on bamboo??? It is grass not tree........

TheHun

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
policy in the republic

please set it straight... am i will i get into a problem planting bamboo here. does anyone know? i have planted before, but , like many things in life , it did not go to life. now, i have ordered my materials, put down a small interest, found the receiver, and hired an installer. im going to go with an underage domestic product of a foreign national of fame... good idea??? maybe the work ethic will be installed.. keeps the lawyers only one step away from me... and maybe by then i will have sold enough to pay my legal bill....bamboo gigantus or gotta lov bamboo i know the females do... and rattan. lost a client once over a rattan bath ensemble. sticks to me... i sold it to someone else and she never spoke to me again,...

bubba153

Jan 24, 2009
Hi ,
I dont have any ideas about the law but from what I have heard it is extremely difficult to remove once you plant and will multiply faster than bunnies. Even when you think you removed it , it stills will come back and take over an entire area.
Wayne

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
If you would do a bit of research, you would realize that there are two types of bamboo - those which grow only in clumps, and those which will spread. The desirable type for most is the clumping type as it is easy to control, and won't take over.

There is a bamboo research center along the highway between Santo Domingo and Bonao, on the west side,which was set up by Japanese folks. Why don't you go and ask for some advice there?

Reactions: MikeFisher

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
bamboo info center

thank you for thee info... maybe ive seen it because i always marvel at it on that highway hope it is what and where i think.
im trying to move into a little different aspect of this. years ago when the club was open we had a huge bamboo bed and it was georgeous. actually much cheaper than most king size wood beds, bamboo and rattan furniture. very elegant and more to my liking as well as the feedback we got. very impressive. thanks im moving forward...esp w/help...