Laser Hair Removal North Coast

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Does anyone know a dermatologist that does laser hair removal in the Cabarete-Sosua-Puerto Plata area?

I don't, but if we keep this thread alive it may help!

Now, this is a great buisiness idea for the entire island if it does not already exist.

Several ladies seem to have penciled in eye brows so we could ask them.

Are there any options like wax treatments or mustache peals that don't promote further excesive growth?

Even the men could use this.......

If You Live In A Beach Envoronment, Do You really want to meet the missing LINK?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Are there any options like wax treatments or mustache peels that don't promote further excessive growth?

This is actually an urban legend. Waxing and peels do not promote excessive hair growth.

A patient has to avoid sun exposure after having a laser hair removal session, and the sessions(depending on the laser and the part of the body being treated) can be a bit painful but very effective.

I recommend this to any guy who suffers from facial ingrown hair-your skin will look better and you can say goodbye to shaving cream and blades forever.

May 12, 2005
This is actually an urban legend. Waxing and peels do not promote excessive hair growth.

A patient has to avoid sun exposure after having a laser hair removal session, and the sessions(depending on the laser and the part of the body being treated) can be a bit painful but very effective.

I recommend this to any guy who suffers from facial ingrown hair-your skin will look better and you can say goodbye to shaving cream and blades forever.

Is that your secret Berzin??

Mar 2, 2008
"Please, only answer the question if you know the answer. I appreciate it's fun to add chit-chat, but let’s see if there is a place that can do this."

The problem with that logic is that this thread would get lost on the back pages if it wasn't kept alive with a little humor and chit chat, and you would never get any answers.

Adding some life to this topic is the only way to keep it current, and with the possibility of getting some pertinent information.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Is that your secret Berzin??

LOL!!! No, but I've been discussing it with my dermatologist.

This laser hair removal has its' benefits, and I hope that we can get some info on it.

I know that there are clinics that do it in Santo Domingo, so if the OP doesn't find one on the North Coast he can always go to the capital, or maybe even Santiago if there are dermatologists there who do the procedure.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Unless it goes off topic and/or descends into mockery about the follically over-endowed :D it is fine to comment.

Incidentally, as a fellow sufferer, if anyone happens to have info about this treatment on the east coast I would welcome it. I ummed and ahhed about getting laser hair removal in the capital where as Berzin says it is available in several places, but it doesn't appear to be on offer here in the east. My sister recently had it done and is very pleased with the results.

Jan 17, 2009
I asked the question because my dermatologist (in Moca) told me to ask in some sort of Demartology Institute in Puerto Plata. I never got around to do it. I was hoping someone living in Puerto Plata could have heard about dermatologist that do this. True in other countries, you just need a technician not a dermatologist, but it has some risks.

It is currently the only permanent treatment. Some of us, who have reached a certain age, have found that we lose hair where we once had a ton, and grow hair were we had none. Ladies over 50, you'll probably know what I mean.

I will inquire in Santiago next time I go there. Who knows, maybe in that new hospital....

Henry03

Nov 11, 2002
laser hair removal

If you can't locate a dermatologist that does laser hair removal in the Cabarete-Sosua-Puerto Plata area, there is a spa in Cotambar that does all type of waxing.
Look for Lucy's Massage Center in front of Jenny's Market
809-970-7522 or 809-493-0483
Also excellent massages and physical therapy ::cheeky:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
No-one has come near to answering the OP's question yet I don't think - I would also be interested as had this type of treatment in the UK prior to moving to the DR. What I believe we need to know is whether it is available and, if so, at what sort of cost?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
To ease the pain...

There is a numbing cream avaiable, i highly recommend it prior to laser hair removal!! it's call Emla....It's a miracle cream.

and it's not just "slightly painful" it down right hurts like a B. and i have an EXTREMLY HIGH PAIN TOLERANCE.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Just to add to Lapurr's post, please check on the variety of lasers that are available-some are better for certain patients than others.

The best candidate in terms of efficacy is someone who is light-skinned and has dark hair, but there are advances in this field every day and I believe there are new ones to handle patients who don't fit this mold.

And yes, the numbing cream is recommended 90 minutes before the procedure.