Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Laser Hair Removal North Coast

Does anyone know a dermatologist that does laser hair removal in the Cabarete-Sosua-Puerto Plata area?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat-in-Cabarete View Post
    Does anyone know a dermatologist that does laser hair removal in the Cabarete-Sosua-Puerto Plata area?
    I don't, but if we keep this thread alive it may help!

Now, this is a great buisiness idea for the entire island if it does not already exist.

Several ladies seem to have penciled in eye brows so we could ask them.

Are there any options like wax treatments or mustache peals that don't promote further excesive growth?

Even the men could use this.......

If You Live In A Beach Envoronment, Do You really want to meet the missing LINK?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike l View Post
    Are there any options like wax treatments or mustache peels that don't promote further excessive growth?
    This is actually an urban legend. Waxing and peels do not promote excessive hair growth.

A patient has to avoid sun exposure after having a laser hair removal session, and the sessions(depending on the laser and the part of the body being treated) can be a bit painful but very effective.

I recommend this to any guy who suffers from facial ingrown hair-your skin will look better and you can say goodbye to shaving cream and blades forever.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Berzin View Post
    This is actually an urban legend. Waxing and peels do not promote excessive hair growth.

A patient has to avoid sun exposure after having a laser hair removal session, and the sessions(depending on the laser and the part of the body being treated) can be a bit painful but very effective.

I recommend this to any guy who suffers from facial ingrown hair-your skin will look better and you can say goodbye to shaving cream and blades forever.
    Is that your secret Berzin??

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat-in-Cabarete View Post

Please, only answer the question if you know the answer. I appreciate it's fun to add chit-chat, but letís see if there is a place that can do this.
    J&T

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

"Please, only answer the question if you know the answer. I appreciate it's fun to add chit-chat, but let’s see if there is a place that can do this."

The problem with that logic is that this thread would get lost on the back pages if it wasn't kept alive with a little humor and chit chat, and you would never get any answers.

Adding some life to this topic is the only way to keep it current, and with the possibility of getting some pertinent information.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    Is that your secret Berzin??
    LOL!!! No, but I've been discussing it with my dermatologist.

This laser hair removal has its' benefits, and I hope that we can get some info on it.

I know that there are clinics that do it in Santo Domingo, so if the OP doesn't find one on the North Coast he can always go to the capital, or maybe even Santiago if there are dermatologists there who do the procedure.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless it goes off topic and/or descends into mockery about the follically over-endowed it is fine to comment.

Incidentally, as a fellow sufferer, if anyone happens to have info about this treatment on the east coast I would welcome it. I ummed and ahhed about getting laser hair removal in the capital where as Berzin says it is available in several places, but it doesn't appear to be on offer here in the east. My sister recently had it done and is very pleased with the results.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked the question because my dermatologist (in Moca) told me to ask in some sort of Demartology Institute in Puerto Plata. I never got around to do it. I was hoping someone living in Puerto Plata could have heard about dermatologist that do this. True in other countries, you just need a technician not a dermatologist, but it has some risks.

It is currently the only permanent treatment. Some of us, who have reached a certain age, have found that we lose hair where we once had a ton, and grow hair were we had none. Ladies over 50, you'll probably know what I mean.

I will inquire in Santiago next time I go there. Who knows, maybe in that new hospital....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default laser hair removal

If you can't locate a dermatologist that does laser hair removal in the Cabarete-Sosua-Puerto Plata area, there is a spa in Cotambar that does all type of waxing.
    Look for Lucy's Massage Center in front of Jenny's Market
    809-970-7522 or 809-493-0483
    Also excellent massages and physical therapy :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast