Outback Steakhouse in SD area

LaElitePre-Med

Jun 19, 2007
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has information about the Outback Steakhouse in the Acropolis shopping center. I've gone to Acropolis so many times before but only with a enough time to get a few necessities, never with enough time to actually go to outback and enjoy a meal.

Does anyone know the hours of operation of the outback restaurant in Acropolis? How about the prices? Here in the U.S. my dad usually pays $120 to $150 when we go but that's for a three-person meal.

Also, are there any racial issues with the outback restaurant? I only ask because I've been in unsavory situations where I have been turned away from establishments because I'm black.

Another concern is attire. When I go to outback here, my parents always wear what would be reffered to as business casual but I always wear my ratty levi's and my puma sneakers. Is that acceptable at the outback in acropolis?

Lastly, are there quiet corners in the restaurant where I can sit with my parents and have a conversation? When I go to outback here in the U.S. we ask to be seated toward the back of the restaurant because it's a bit more intimate and we can converse without so much noise.

Any information would be great guys, thanks!

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
I haven't been to the Outback in Acropolis for some time, but as I recall the clientele always seemed to be mainly young people, as mixed in appearance as the Dominican population. I don't remember seeing people in shorts and flip-flops, but otherwise the whole range of clothing, racial mix and everything else. Prices were reasonable but the place did tend to be rather noisy, music somewhat more than "background". In fact I think it was the noise levels that finally put me off the place rather than anything else.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I haven't been to the Outback in Acropolis for some time, but as I recall the clientele always seemed to be mainly young people, as mixed in appearance as the Dominican population. I don't remember seeing people in shorts and flip-flops, but otherwise the whole range of clothing, racial mix and everything else. Prices were reasonable but the place did tend to be rather noisy, music somewhat more than "background". In fact I think it was the noise levels that finally put me off the place rather than anything else.

it has been closed for quite some time...months..
bob

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Chef Pepper is one of the "best kept secrets" (although it's not a secret to anyone who lives in SD) in the city...especially if you are a carnivore! I brought bac a cooler of angus beef and sushi grade tuna to cabarete last week...after eating there 3 times in a week! :)

LaElitePre-Med

Jun 19, 2007
Sorry I've been gone so long...

Sorry that I've been gone and haven't kept up with this post, school has been killing me lately...but seriously, thanks you guys. I just looked at the chef pepper menu and this is exactly what I'd love, a nice, casual restaurant where I can have lunch. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the food is quite cheap too and the restaurant seems casual enough for me to go to wearing jeans. My gosh guys, thank you so much for this info..in fact, I think there's a Cuchara de Madera shop near this restaurant if I'm not mistaken. I can't wait!