furnishing a condo in Punta Cana

Status
Not open for further replies.

threadguy

Feb 6, 2009
Can someone please give me some guidance on purchasing appliances and furniture in Punta Cana? Are there local stores that can provide all of the furnishings? Or do I need to plan on going to another city for furnishings?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Greg

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Appliance selection is relatively limited - Corripio in Ver?n, Ferreteria Americana in B?varo past Friusa. Might be worth taking a trip to the capital for a broader selection, especially if you're after high-end stuff.

Basic household items in the place by the bakery in Plaza Ta?no (Coco Loco crossing), and plenty of designer style home accessory places like Casa Cana, Home Expressions, and several at Plaza Bolera in Punta Cana.

Large furniture stores include Ilumel on the way to the airport which caters for a range of tastes and Unicane (Av. Estados Unidos past the Friusa crossing) but there are several others dotted around the area.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you will PM me, I can put you into contact with a group that can do you right.

They are furniture makers and architects, very good and well known in Punta Cana...

HB

georgizl

Aug 16, 2015
can you please PM me the information that you reference? I am trying to furnish a newly purchased condo in Punta Cana and I am interested in purchasing my furniture locally.

If you will PM me, I can put you into contact with a group that can do you right.

They are furniture makers and architects, very good and well known in Punta Cana...

HB

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Appliance selection is relatively limited - Corripio in Ver?n, Ferreteria Americana in B?varo past Friusa. Might be worth taking a trip to the capital for a broader selection, especially if you're after high-end stuff.

Basic household items in the place by the bakery in Plaza Ta?no (Coco Loco crossing), and plenty of designer style home accessory places like Casa Cana, Home Expressions, and several at Plaza Bolera in Punta Cana.

Large furniture stores include Ilumel on the way to the airport which caters for a range of tastes and Unicane (Av. Estados Unidos past the Friusa crossing) but there are several others dotted around the area.

There is a Corripio in Plaza San Juan too. And, Plaza Lama in Palma Real shopping center has appliances too. I have found Ferreteria Americana's prices way too high. But, have not been there for more than two years because of that.

At Plaza Lama in Palma Real they told me the prices are the same in all Plaza Lamas. Santo Domingo, La Romana, Bavaro. I don't know if that is the truth though... They may have more of the higher end/better quality things in Bavaro which makes it look more expensive.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Please note that this is an old thread. Much the information I posted six years ago no longer applies.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Please note that this is an old thread. Much the information I posted six years ago no longer applies.

I see that now. Another OLD thread. Why these get resuscitated, who knows... (True, what you post is always current and accurate. I was wondering...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
can you please PM me the information that you reference? I am trying to furnish a newly purchased condo in Punta Cana and I am interested in purchasing my furniture locally.

Do not buy any appliances in Plaza Lama. Complete overcharged garbage. Go to Corripio in Plaza S. Juan. As for furniture if you want to buy nice stuff and get robbed doing it go to Illumel.

Go to the Capital. They deliver to Punta Cana.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The poster who revived this thread is advised to send a Private Message to Hillbilly, or to start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.