Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: spider question

Post Thanks / Like

Question spider question

The other day when I got out of my vehicle here in Juan Dolio I noticed a large spider near the gas pedal.
    It's overall size was that of a large tarantula, but the body is not the same and the legs are thinner.
    At first I thought it was some twigs, since it is mottled beige and brown.
    My husband sprayed the inside of the vehicle and today we found the body. It was still soft, so my husband spread it out to look at it much more closely.
    I cannot find any pictures of anything like it online.
    I do have some pics we took, but not sure how to post them.

Anyone have any ideas. He was a nasty looking dude with fangs, and sort of hairy legs. I have checked many pictures online of tarantulas and he doesnot resemble any of them.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default maybe some type of cane spider

this is a hawiian one I think!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

So, not knowing anything about this harmeless creature, you decided to kill it.
    Way to go.. Moron..

Zeus (mad as hell)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

harmless?...............not if it is crawling up your leg when you are driving 60 miles an hour, that will scare the s*^T out of you and you will wreck, maybe killing a harmless family of four on the side of the road. or it bites you and you wind up like the OP on another post with a hole in his leg 4 inches across. no insects in any moving vehicle are harmless...............

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it appears it was a cane spider. Thanks for posting the pic.

As for Zeus....this thing was in my vehicle and was huge! if it had been outside, I would not have bothered it. But had it come out and landed on, or near me while driving I might very well have had an accident and injured myself or others.
    Sorry to have aroused your anger, but better a dead spider then dead or maimed people!!!!!!

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Zeus....you,re the moron....Harmless is when it's out in the woods....when it enters my home or vehicle it becomes an enemy.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amparocorp View Post
    harmless?...............not if it is crawling up your leg when you are driving 60 miles an hour, that will scare the s*^T out of you and you will wreck, maybe killing a harmless family of four on the side of the road. or it bites you and you wind up like the OP on another post with a hole in his leg 4 inches across.
    no insects in any moving vehicle are harmless...............
    You better believe it!!
    Anyhting that is moving (insects) while driving and you have a disaster in the making.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amparocorp View Post
    harmless?...............not if it is crawling up your leg when you are driving 60 miles an hour, that will scare the s*^T out of you and you will wreck, maybe killing a harmless family of four on the side of the road. or it bites you and you wind up like the OP on another post with a hole in his leg 4 inches across. no insects in any moving vehicle are harmless...............
    Camel Spider Picture LargeOMG look here and he was carrying a gun Camel Spider Bite Picture

Quote Originally Posted by ~~anna~~ View Post
    The other day when I got out of my vehicle here in Juan Dolio I noticed a large spider near the gas pedal.
    Anyone have any ideas. He was a nasty looking dude with fangs, and sort of hairy legs. I have checked many pictures online of tarantulas and he doesnot resemble any of them.
    If it had eight legs it could be here Spider Identification Chart - Venomous or Dangerous?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

After being bitten by one that I cannot identify, I kill them all.

Some varities cause flesh eating an could cause amputation.

Where I was bitten last year took six months of trying different medicines until Dermobiotica finally cleared it up after 3 months of applying the ointment.

Strange thing is 5 months after the quarter size rash disappeared it has now returned in the exact same spot....back to the ointment

I have now spent about $60 on a cure when a can of spider spray is only???

Kill em all big and small!

DJ just posted the chart but I was bitten in my sleep....i will print a handy MOST WANTED CHART for easy target practice!
    Last edited by mike l; 02-08-2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: new info just posted

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure.. Kill them all in the DR where there's no law to protect our fauna
    There're no dangerous spiders in the DR. But then, again you have to pick a
    book and read about it. This may be a difficult task for some of you.

zeus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast