Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Flooding.. how much and how widespread?

Does anyone have any updates on the extent of the flooding up here in the North in light of the torrrential rains we have experienced over the past few days? To be honest, I have not ventured very far but hear that it's bad in Sabaneta, Islabon etc. due to the river breaking its banks. Is there much elsewhere as well?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

it appears no one has been out

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Sabaneta, Altamira, El Cupey..........3 fatalities thus far. Hundreds of homes flooded. You can read about it & see pics here: video here of Tamboril
    ElCaribe.com.do :: Portada

CRECIDAS DE RIOS INUNDAN CERCA DE 500 CASAS EN SABANETA Y YASICA

CRECIDA RIO CAMU ARRASTRA AGRICULTOR

Puerto Plata Digital

Puerto Plata Digital

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that it must be getting to that level and, after a relatively dry start to today, again the rain falls in huge volume this evening...... presumably the results can only get worse for those badly affected.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

santiago is also getting flooded. Rio yaque es also at dangerously high level. The authorities are taking their precautions to not let santiago get flooded like the last time. I guess what it means is that they are bleeding the dam. yaque river is so high that san rafey prison is already evacuated and the prisoners are taken elsewhere. I will keep everyone informed as the situation develops.
    AZB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW everybody please be safe
    francoisatl

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I drove Cabarete to Pto Plata & back this afternoon/evening. No evidence of any problems on the main road & water wasn't too high at the bridges. Naturally that doesn't speak to flooding in low lying areas away from the main road - only what I saw while driving.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

both islabon and sabaneta are pretty bad the river is real high.....in islabon the water is near the highway, on boths sides of the road, the yasika river in sabaneta is quite high, the road to the cemetery is flooded, and the road to jamoa has water on it, and the bridge at los brazos (north side) is one way, as some of the colichi on the right side is gone (at the beginning of the bridge)...the red cross was out making sure everyone was safe, and directing traffic at the cruse....i think tonight it might get worse if the rain keeps up....veragua batey is completely cut off from traffic as the water is way over the bridge on that road

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

i have some pics but don't know how to upload on here

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast