what do you love about d.r... ??????

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
me i lov many things about here. the fencing is a big part of my love. too bad im so old i get get a u know what by looking at a beautiful metal fence and /or gate combination. most are perfectly built and installed. it is usually a one time investment and you want it different better than your neighbors... mosy are different and some are most striking... i am wondered , where did this come from??? elaborate fencing beautiful designs and mostly kept well. hard to find a pair of houses with the same design unless its family. you can tell daddy paid ... separate houses but together... back in n.y. it is only estates and multys who do this long islands gold coast... n.y.c. where a gate fence is built to different standards...
sometimes drivin around you see some beautiful wood fences but not often. and it reminds me gives me ideas etc... there evan is an estate (small) that has razor wire at the top and it looks good. brand new shiny looks like stainless steel... kind of glistens in the rain...

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
chechigua cometa...

these bright colored kites that kids are always flying... dom style... really like them and i ytry to bring some home...

spanky27312

Dec 7, 2008
colored plastic chairs

I love the different colored plastic chairs---just basic colors to choice
from in the states.

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
punta rucia

this is by far the best beach i have been to ... also has the least tourists. its also the hardest to get to. as the road is terrible. the restaurants are local and cheap. the cove is protected and has a gradual slope. sand is ok and plenty of trees. a wonderful day at the beach. two ways in, both bad... best advice stay there for two days one night very reasonable new small hotels springing up...

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
the abundance of

food here. the street guy comes by everyday to eat for free at a favorite spot of mine. he gets coon coon and asks for a little piece of meat all for free. no one is going to starve here. dom s love to eat. went to watch them fly the parasailing a couple of weeks ago and everyone had a lollypop. thought they were only for kids...

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
well... its the breezes ,

more about the latitude later... I had lunch at my new landlords house today and while enjoying the food I looked at where we were. In a large room on the side of the house built with open aired decorative blocks. Plenty of light, and breezes. I said to myself, this is a piece of heaven. It is in a quiet section and with no radio a delight. EVERYONE LOVES A BREEZE

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
weekend starts saturday afternoon.

Traffic is diminished. less than half. I always like it car or bike.. im a city rider because i live here. sunday is the #1 day to run around. Sunday traffic is about 30%. of course certain crossroads are trouble voming in from the beach etc...The back roads are alot less crowded and a blast to run. :surprised

Candy Girl

Apr 21, 2008
for me, its the friendliness of the dominicans and of course the dancing. i love that whenever we have time we will go out and drink a Presidente and dance merengue, bachata, or whatever is being played!
AND i love riding on the scooters (when it isnt raining, lol). If your in a vehicle your stuck when theres traffic, but riding one of those, you'll always find a way around it! :)

scrubmuncher

On Vacation!
Jul 6, 2007
I love the days and nights never meet (it is all a 24 hour timespan), everyone seems to run on duracel batteries. Most of all I love the fact that no matter how drunk people get, I never ever see puke on the pavement, and everywhere I go people know my name, not a good thing here but can make you feel good when drunk.

I love watching the Americans walking down the street in the gangster uniform (huge t-shirt and baggy 3/4 denims with a 50cent baseball cap, no matter how old they are, all the same) very funny. I love laughing at the thought of bringing my parents to Sosua for a holiday and trying to explain it's ok mum, lol.

I love most of all the thought that we may beable to leave one day and visit as tourists, being a resident is dragging me down, I'm bored with Sousa, driving us both nuts!!