need travel advice

D

Dan

My wife and I are planning a trip to DR. We have travelled several times to Costa Rica and really enjoy adventure of meeting the people and staying in local hotels and cabinas. We enjoy Latin dance, hiking and snorkeling. I would like input on places to stay with local color, music, local food and where we could back pack and camp to get a full experience of DR. Inexpensive to moderate places to stay would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

R

Raino Rydelius

Well a good tip is Cabarete. and a hotel at about 30-40 dollar ON the beach in the end of the willage. El Pecue?o Refugio
Have a good one. We go to me and mywife 17/12 14 days...;-)

P

Paul

I would have to respectfully disagree w/ previous post. Although Cabarete is a great place to holiday, as far of lots of local colour, no. It has a distinct International flavour. As far as budget travel, hiking, etc. and a more Dominican feel, I would suggest Jarabacoa. Do a web search, lots of info on both these great places

R

Raino Rydelius

Thank?s for all information regarding good/better spots in DM.
As I return for the second time to DM and is a big fan of Mexico and there found cocial/tropical/magic paradiselocations like Yelapa bay near Puerto Vallarta. A wonderful place, hangout for forign artists, locals and animals.
I know there on many places in the world is places hidden away, still confortable. I am defetly going to Samana and the moutains this time. If somebody know a beach close budget guesthous/hut whith just that good spirit let us know. .