baking ingredient question

vaudevile

Feb 9, 2009
Hello, I would like to know if beer yeast, fresh yeast cakes, malt extract, hops or malt syrup is available in DR. And if so, where?

Thank you.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Beer Yeast--YES;
Fresh Yeast Cakes---NO;
Malt Extract -- Try the Farmacias--Maybe;
Hops-- Ask Preasidente wher they get theirsupply;
Malt syrup-- Never have seen any here;

Good luck!!!

Texas Bill

vaudevile

Feb 9, 2009
Beer Yeast--YES;
Fresh Yeast Cakes---NO;
Malt Extract -- Try the Farmacias--Maybe;
Hops-- Ask Preasidente wher they get theirsupply;
Malt syrup-- Never have seen any here;

Good luck!!!

Texas Bill

Thank you for answering. And, where exactly would I find the beer yeast? Thanks.

vaudevile

Feb 9, 2009
So is it BAKING or BREWING ingredients that you are looking for? ;) :bunny:
TheHun

It's baking. All of this ingredients are used to make breads and oher stuff.

A doctor prescribed it for me to control diaherria (sp?). I THINK we got it at he Farmacia, or maybe the ferreterria. Not certain since it was last year, early.

Texas Bill

I think I wasn't too clear as to what I was looking for.
I meant beer yeast as in the yeast you used to bake breads or brew alcohol; not the supplements, lol.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
It's baking. All of this ingredients are used to make breads and oher stuff.

I think I wasn't too clear as to what I was looking for.
I meant beer yeast as in the yeast you used to bake breads or brew alcohol; not the supplements, lol.

vaudville;

One DOES NOT use BEER YEAST to make bread with.
You can buy regular Bread yeast in the supermercados, like La Serena and National. In fact, I make my own bread and that is where I buy all my ingredients. The yeast comes in a one-pound package. Be surea nd check the EXPIRATION DATE, itherwise, you'll get some that is outdated and won't work.
Have you made your own bread in the past??
From what you are asking for, I would guess you haven't.
Geat on the internet and look up Bread making for extensive instructions, else you'll end up with a hard rock of a loaf that won't rise as it should.
Making bread is an art; that's why we have professional bakers.

Texas Bill

vaudevile

Feb 9, 2009
vaudville;

One DOES NOT use BEER YEAST to make bread with.
You can buy regular Bread yeast in the supermercados, like La Serena and National. In fact, I make my own bread and that is where I buy all my ingredients. The yeast comes in a one-pound package. Be surea nd check the EXPIRATION DATE, itherwise, you'll get some that is outdated and won't work.
Have you made your own bread in the past??
From what you are asking for, I would guess you haven't.
Geat on the internet and look up Bread making for extensive instructions, else you'll end up with a hard rock of a loaf that won't rise as it should.
Making bread is an art; that's why we have professional bakers.

Texas Bill

I appreciate your help, Texas Bill.
I haven't made many breads, I admit.
I had met a man once, german-argentinian, who made a wonderful bread, rather nutty. He told me he used "levadura de cerverza" (beer yeast) I had thought of trying to attempt a rather similiar concoction.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
vaudville;

I personally think that that individual was making fun of you in some form or another because BEER YEAST just isn't for making good bread. I don't think you will "get a rise" out of your ingredients if you use it.
Try it if you must, but you'll be grossly dissap[ointed.

Texas Bill