News from Immigration Canada!

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
Hi Everyone,

just wanted to let you know my husband received an email today to schedule an apt for an interview

They have requested at the same time..additional documentation of proof or relationship. I am gathering everything now to send to him.

Hope everything goes well from here

Santos

Aug 10, 2008
date

That?s great!!
What was the date of the letter, and when is your interview scheduled for.
I?m hoping that my husband will get something soon too, but the mail system in Santo Domingo seems impossible with the way the stretts are organized, where is your spouse Ellie.
Selina.

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
He received an email dated Friday the 6th

It indicated that they can make arrangements for the interview within the week if he goes to Port-Au-Prince for the interview or he can wait until their next day in Santo Domingo (they did not provide dates for this)

dominican_daisy

Apr 18, 2006
Wow!!!
That is great news......I hope we hear something soon too.

Question....did they just send him an email or did he get a phone call as well???
I think that it's really weird how they are sending alot of emails instead of phone calls......

DD

murilka

Nov 6, 2008
may be you should consider joining him at the interview if possible, that would be the best proof of relationship you could provide.

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
He has only received an email at this point. No phone call. I just read the email and they are requesting the original marriage certificate as well as more proof of the relationship. I was thinking of heading down for the interview. Once we know the date i just might do that

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I have never heard of anyone going to Port-Au-Prince for the interview...where does your husband live?

Congratulations!! Things are moving along for oyu!! You'll soon have your hubby with you!! Best of luck!

Get EVERYTHING you can together for this!! Be 100% prepared!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I guess they are giving him a choice but I've never heard of anyone going to Port-Au-Prince for the interview either. Best to wait for the date in SD.

Read this thread to brush up on what they might ask at the interview.

Good luck

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
I agree with the going to Port-Au-Prince...even my husband said he does not want to travel there. He lives in Santo Domingo

This is the email received

The next step in the processing of your application is a one-on-one interview with a visa officer. The purpose of the interview is to establish whether your application meets the requirements of the Immigration Act and Regulation.
You have the choice of having the interview done at our office in Port-au-Prince, or to wait until our next area trip in Santo Domingo. At this time, we cannot give you a specific date when that area trip will take place.
If you prefer to come for the interview in Port-au-Prince, please inform us by mail or email at: port-au-prince-im-renseignements@international.gc.ca, and we will schedule an appointment for you as soon as possible.
If you do not contact us, we will assume that you would rather attend the interview in Santo Domingo.
In corresponding with our office, please ensure you indicate your file number: XXXXXX......
Regards,
Immigration Section
Canadian Embassy in Ha?ti
Some Documents are requested for :
- Original of marriage certificate and extract ( acta de matrimonio y extracto de acta)
- More proofs of relationship in particular of communication, photos together, phone bills, emails, cards, letters,
receipts of money sent. -
Please acknowledge receipt

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
He received an email dated Friday the 6th

It indicated that they can make arrangements for the interview within the week if he goes to Port-Au-Prince for the interview or he can wait until their next day in Santo Domingo (they did not provide dates for this)

Am I the only one who finds it strange that they invite a Dominican citizen to travel to Haiti for an interview ? But provide Canadian citizens an official warning that they advise against non essential travel to the region ? :ermm:

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
hola ellie2008

this is great news to hear that it seems they are working on our papers. I'm wondering though, you must be living in Canada?The reason i say that seems you are getting asked more proof then Sherri and Laurar who i believe if not mistaken living in the Dominican Rep. Am I right? also i noticed our timelines are around the same timeframe. i pray to God everyday something good will happen soon. Best of luck.
boogirl

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
Hi BooGirl,

Yes I am in Canada....and I hope that i was the beginning to many of us receiving news from immigration.

That being said....my husband received the email of Feb 5th and still to date they have not provided him with a date for the interview. We are hoping it to be soon...I am trying to plan to be down there for it.

I have always thought of myself as a patient person, but I must say that immigration has definitely tested that theory. :)

We have a great support system here and I truly appreciate it!!!

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
Hola Ellie2008
Did you guys try and contact the embassy to find out a date? Or perhaps get your MP to find out for you? Seems they know a little info on that. All I know is i'm not patient for much longer and I plan to run away to the DR. jajaja yah when I win the lottery. I wish so much I could be down there waiting with my boo but what can you do. Life goes on! This support group is the only thing that has kept me strong other than my husband but what can he do so far away from me. I learnt alot form everyone's process I feel like it has helped me to understand what we have to go through to get what we deserve in the end.Our lives!!!
Boogirl

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
"They saved the best for almost last".....we got the email today. Interview set up. Asked for my boo to bring in:
~passport
~original marriage certificate
~Secondary doc's birth,baptismal cert, primary and secondary school record.
That is all.
Im so excited. In shock. Very Happy.
Thanks for the support to all.
Te amo.
Besos
Boogirl