Getting a "Good Conduct" certificate

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Does anyone know where in Santo Domingo one goes to get the Ministry of Justice "clean police record" certificate?

I need to renew mine and last year the office issuing them was in the Dominican Scouts building in the park opposite Clinica Abreu near the Palacio de Justicia. It's not there any more and phone calls to the Palacio have come up with 3 different addresses in the city none of which appear to be valid.

If anyone knows (and particularly if they've actually been there), I'd be grateful for the heads-up.

Thanks, Bryan

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Bryanell, you can get a 'Certificados de Buena Conducta' at Centro de Atenci?n al Usuario located at av. M?ximo G?mez, #21 almost corner of av. Bol?var. Hours of operation are from 8:00am to 4:30pm.

NotLurking

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Bryanell, you can get a 'Certificados de Buena Conducta' at Centro de Atenci?n al Usuario located at av. M?ximo G?mez, #21 almost corner of av. Bol?var. Hours of operation are from 8:00am to 4:30pm.

NotLurking

Lots of Thanks NotL, saved me a lot of bother.
Bryan

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Lots of Thanks NotL, saved me a lot of bother.
Bryan

You're welcome!
BTW, The cost was about RD$300 for a 'Certificados de Buena Conducta' and they usually give it to you in about an hour or so. I was there about 3 months ago with my son. He needed two certificates one for Intec and one for his driver's license. My son had to wait 1 week before he could get his certificates though because the clerk said his cedula wasn't in the system yet. His cedula was about 2 months old. The clerk give us a ticket with a pick up date of a week in the future. We made the mistake of going in the morning the day scheduled to pick up the certificates only to find out that we had to wait until after noon when pick ups were allowed. Oh well, all was good and we finally were given the certificates at about 1pm the date of the schedule pickup.

Good luck to you

NotLurking

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i got one today, even not in St Dgo, but in Higuey.
they also moved their office, no more at the palacio de justicia like last year, but across the street in the backbuilding.
been positively surprised about the friendly and speedy service.
just bring a copy of cedula and been told it takes 20 minutes, after just 10 minutes they called my name and all been done.
costed 330 pesos, big letters on the door say "bring exact change money", ha ha.
paper is always valid for 90 days.
in may 2008 the procedure in higuey been a bit different, you had to request the paper in the morning before 11AM and then you could pick it up the same day in the afternoon after 3PM, that been a p.i.t.a.
Mike

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Wow! That was painless!!

The most painless, seamless, stressfree of all my encounters with Bureaucracy a la Dominicana.

Got there around 9:00 this morning.....parked right across the street, and joined the queue outside.......within 5 minutes got a number for the turno, and less than 5 minutes later paid my RD$330. Joined the dozens of people in the waiting room and ten minutes later I was driving away with my certificate!

Just goes to show, some things can go smoothly.........

BTW the place is actually called "Centro de Atencion al Ciudadano" and it's run by the Procuraduria General de la Republica.

Reactions: MikeFisher