Las Galeras AND Santo Domingo

M

Margie

My friend and I are headed to D.R. Dec. 11. We want to spend our first night in Santo Domingo. Can anyone recommend a nice small hotel or guesthouse in the Zona Colonial in the $30-50 range?

Then we want to head to Las Galeras (not Las Terrenas as I originally posted). How long is the bus ride from Santo Domingo to Saman?? The guidebooks I have don't say. Has anyone stayed at Paradiso Bungalows in Las Galeras? What is it like? Can we get ourselves (via bus or guagua) to El Lim?n from Las Galeras to visit the waterfall? And how long does it take to get from Las Galeras to Las Terrenas? Any other info. is appreciated. Thanks.

L

Laura

Try looking up samana.net all the info will be there and also has a great message board. ENJOY

K

Klaus

hello...

the only public transport out of las galeras are the guaguas, which means pick-up trucks. take a lot of sunblocker and sit in the open back...you get great views of the country...

it takes about 1 hour to samana, another one to sanchez, and 1/2 hour to las terrenas...especially the ride to las terrenas is magnificent...18 km at slow speed with views to the samana bay and to the atlantic ocean and las terrenas. expect to pay 25 - 30 rds for each leg.

from samana you can also catch a guagua to el limon, where you can find a lot of people offering trips to the fall. don't grip the first offer...enjoy the bargaining...

if you like more information, feel free to send me an e-mail

Klaus

J

Jimmy

Bettyes B&B $35.00 night.
Heart of colonial zone.
Isabel La Catolica #163
Tel: 809-688-7649
Fax: 809-221-4167
e-mail bettyemarshall@hotmail.com