Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to buy old SUV - Bronco, Ramcharger or K5?

Hello everybody.

I want to buy old Ford Bronco (full size), or Chevrolet Blazer K5, or Dodge Ramcharger. I can pay reasonable price for one of them if it's in good condition, but it looks like nobody sells it.

Any suggestions? Any vintage car lover's club here?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I look at that site at least twice a week for a long time, and I have never seen them there.

Those trucks are very rare here. For last three years here I have seen about 5 K5s in the streets, 2 or 3 Broncos, and I think I have never seen even one Ramcharger.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I just checked now as well. Very few older trucks. Maybe next time you see one you should stop him and make him an offer. I always liked the big Blazers... but I'd like to have a '95-'99 Land Cruiser. There are still a few of them around for sale.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I like those models because all of them have very short wheelbase for full–size truck. If it's built in 1990 or older, there are no electronics inside the dash, motor and transmission (it's simple 3-speed automatic). It's very easy to repair, and aftermarket parts are pretty cheap if I order them from rockauto.com (I do the same for my '97 Dodge Ram). I also have one mechanic guy who has 9 years experience with this kind of trucks, so I can buy and enjoy the ride, the only problem is that I don't know where to buy. And I can't order it from ebay because of stupid restrictions to import something older than 5 years.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the trucks you are looking for have been beaten in to the ground by now. There just aren't many around and I'm not sure you would want the ones that are. You can get a 10 year old Toyota or Mitisbshi Suv. that is good shape and there are parts available. That's what we did. No problem for 3 years and easy to get parts if I have a problem.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Contact customs here. You CAN import a vehicle that is more than 5 years old. The catch? You'll pay taxes on the vehicle based on what it would pay if it were only 5 years old.
    I was told many times that it's impossible, but I will ask my lawyer again about that. For example, if '86 Ramcharger costs $4500 on ebay, how much in Customs fees would I be charged for it?

Quote Originally Posted by oriole100 View Post
    You can get a 10 year old Toyota or Mitisbshi Suv. that is good shape and there are parts available. That's what we did. No problem for 3 years and easy to get parts if I have a problem.
    I know old Toyotas are great, but I like old american trucks only, so I want to buy one of those "serial killer truck" from 80's movies ))).

I have '97 Dodge Ram now, great truck, but the parking is like a pain in the ass, especially in Santo Domingo city center. I want something shorter, but still full size.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a way to import older vehicles as "classic cars" I believe it is part of a government incentive to make the island more attractive to tourists.

Pretty sure HB has more info, also there is a thread from last year on the subject.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    I was going to refer you to the customs website that details import taxes for vehicles, and notice that once again, I've managed to lose the URL.

I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it, but somebody on here probably has it right at their fingertips.
    Here you go:
    Dirección General de Aduanas - DGA

click on Servicios Virtuales->Consultas->Consulta de Vehiculo

NotLurking

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Our friend has one, Bronco -89 and sometimes they have thought to sell it.
    Their phone number is 829 940 3297 if you still are interested

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast