another bad ending,here we go again...

abused

Feb 4, 2009
hello, i`d like to share my story with everyone. i met my husband 5 years ago in a hotel where he was working at, travelled 4 times within that year to see him and finally married after one year. He arrived in montreal & soon after one month, i was pregnant, we spoke about having babies before. The problems soon started, his lies began and secrets too, clubs, drinking, women etc... When I was 4 months pregnant, he left me & moved to Toronto to be with his dominican friends. I had the baby alone without him, came to see my daughter only once & that was because his family was after his back to see her. When my daughter was 6 months pregnant, i filed for divorce. 1 month after the divorce was final, he decided he wanted to come back & live the family life because he was tired of the club life. I brought him to church & made him promise me inside the house of God that he would change and stop the clubs, women, etc.... He was so sincere that day, what an actor he was. So for the sake of giving my daughter a dad & family life, I took him back, cleaned all his debts he had in Toronto and started fresh. We even bought a house in the DR, took the loan here together for it. Well, it lasted of all 10 months being together. Soon after he came back, his lies and secrets began all over but this time he was good at hiding it from me. His latest woman was a child of age 15 years old!! Imagine !! Long story short, he was never home for me nor for my daughter so I threw him out the day after my daughter`s birthday party when i found out he took our daughter`s birthday money she rec`d from family & spent it for himself. Unfortunately, by then, my bank account & savings was all cleaned out. He is now living with a friend paying rent for a room only. He abandoned my daughter, doesn`t want to help pay for his half of the loan either for the house we bought together and doesn`t want to pay for child support. Well I called the gov`t and now is collecting child support plus i`m getting child support arrears from when my daughter was born..so he owes me from the past 2 years. This made him furious, hasn`t called since then, not even to ask how his daughter was doing. I`ve been trying to sell the house in the DR but it`s so hard when i am here. My ex, left me paying all the loan plus my living expenses here plus daycare, etc... I struggle every month trying to pay everything, feel really bad for my daughter that her father took money from her and abandoned her. I hear from his friends he is meeting young girls every weekend at clubs, taking salsa lessons and having the time of his life. What a horrible father and human being he is, don`t know how he sleeps at night ! But I do believe in karma....he will get what he deserves. Like someone put in her blog not long ago......he may be young & good looking now, but he will get old one day too and his luck will change. I may be in debt and cry often about my situation but at night, when i hold my 2 yr old daughter in my arms, all the pain goes away. To all the women, thinking dating or thinking of marrying a dominican, please open your eyes...not everyone is the same but most of them think alike. Mine this has the mind of a child who does not want to grow up nor face his responsabilities. by the way, forgot to mention, he has a 9 yr daughter in the DR too which he abandoned for his freedom.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
he was never home for me nor for my daughter

let's hope this is a typo as well considering the pregnant statement. :ermm:

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
And I presume the D.R. property is under his name only and was not part of the divorce settlement ???

I hope you will never let him go to the D.R. with YOUR daughter. I said never, DID I?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Can you please confirm if this statement was a typo so I can fix it.

Thanks

Hey Anna, while you're at it could you separate a couple of those paragraphs?

Sorry, didn't mean to give you more work to do...

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
he has a 9 yr daughter in the DR too which he abandoned for his freedom.
This should have been a huge red flag.

The problems soon started, his lies began and secrets too, clubs, drinking, women etc... When I was 4 months pregnant, he left me & moved to Toronto to be with his dominican friends.
I can't imagine how you could have taken him back.
I took him back, cleaned all his debts he had in Toronto and started fresh. We even bought a house in the DR, took the loan here together for it. Well, it lasted of all 10 months being together. Soon after he came back, his lies and secrets began all over but this time he was good at hiding it from me. His latest woman was a child of age 15 years old!! Imagine !!
Imagine that.
Who could have seen this coming?

Perhaps the next time will be a charm or maybe just strike three.
Good luck.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
I hope you will never let him go to the D.R. with YOUR daughter. I said never, DID I?

As this is probably the smartest and most important piece of advice this poor woman will ever receive in her life, I'd like to reiterate it. ....NEVER!!!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Here we go again

I am truly sorry for you. When will you girls wake up and smell the coffee. Hasn't there been enough posts. I have yet to hear about one truly and I mean a TRULY happy marriage between a Dominican guy and a gringa. All I can say is drop him and get on with your life. You were dumb but I'm sad for your little girl who is going to be haunted by him. forever. Believe me he will.
Sorry Anna. I just can't understand women any more.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
he left his 9 yr old daughter behind and you didnt think it odd ? methinks you arent for real surely

abused

Feb 4, 2009
actually no, the property is under both names, thank God for that and the divorce was done before i took him back.

abused

Feb 4, 2009
in my divorce, i am the sole parent. he cannot & will never be able to travel with her alone nor will i ever want to go back there either.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I need to ask something. If you would have found this site 5 years ago, (assuming you haven't changed your username) and read all the info we have HERE would you have thought twice about getting married or would you at that time thought that non of this applied to your guy?

BTW I'm sorry you had to go through this.

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry

I am sorry that this had to happen to you, and your daughter. It is hard I know, but when you love someone you love someone. Stay strong and know there is a lot fo support out there.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
in my divorce, i am the sole parent. he cannot & will never be able to travel with her alone nor will i ever want to go back there either.

Sole parent ??? You mean you have the sole custody of the child, don't you???

And What will happen with the D.R. property ??

I'd do just as Rendul said: report him to the Canadian immigration.

Last edited:

carrie

Sep 16, 2004
Please don't put the girl down. She is young, its us older folks who have lived and learned who are cynical of all folks.

But you see the man in this situation gave an "Oscar Winning Performance" and a Mental Job on this poor woman.

Cut her some slack.

My heart goes out to you...

And girl stand on your own two feet, you have a child and the rest of your life. You have been betrayed, abused and used. This will make you stronger and you have learned a hard lesson. You deserve to find someone who will love you for you...just maybe not right now...but soon. Keep your chin up and don't repeat the mistakes of the past...

I sent you a private message.

Love and Light

Carrie

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Wow sorry to hear that you had to go through so much but at least you realized and didn't waste anymore time with him.

From the way he's treated your daughter, she probably is better off without him. I don't like to say that but if he acts so selfish she's better just having you a loving parent take care of her.

Funny thing is you are sharing your story and every day many women are getting sucked into the same kind of relationship! I just found out someone I know (not a close friend) just married a dominican.......I can only guess but I'm sure she met him at a resort. I thought oh no another one......I hope I'm wrong but the chances are so very slim honestly.

I had a co worker go on vacation to the DR for the first time and I gave her the whole Sankie speach lol She said she watched and couldn't believe how smooth they were. She told me how right I was. I'm so happy she listened and had her eyes wide opened :)

Keep your head up and good luck!