Hotel near Caribe bus station?

moostro

Feb 11, 2009
My girlfriend and I are travelling to Las Galeras in a few weeks for some quality time in the sun. For reasons of airfare, we're arriving at SDQ in the evening, and need a place to stay for one night before getting on a Caribe bus to Samana.

Can anyone recommend a decent, safe, reasonably priced hotel (English-speaking), somewhere not too far from the bus terminal? Something in the $60-120 (usd) would be fine. We are not really looking for a cultural experience -- just a place to crash after a long plane flight, and before a long bus ride the next day.

The Marriott advertises a distance of 1 mile to the Caribe bus station, but I think it might be the wrong station..

cheers,

Marty

moostro

Feb 11, 2009
Thanks for the advice -- anyone here stayed at the Aladino? Know how far it is to the Caribe station (going to Samana)?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
My girlfriend and I are travelling to Las Galeras in a few weeks for some quality time in the sun. For reasons of airfare, we're arriving at SDQ in the evening, and need a place to stay for one night before getting on a Caribe bus to Samana.

cheers,

Marty

Just my two pesos but I think Jaguar Apart/Hotel will fill your needs. It is a 15- 20 minute ride to the bus station depending on traffic. The owner, Rafeal, speaks excellent English and will assist you with anything you need without over charging you.

I stay here every trip to Santo Domingo which is monthly and never had a problem where the staff did not go out of their way to correct. It is a small hotel, maybe twenty rooms but feels more like you are staying in someone's big house. It is located on a nice quiet street.

If you think this is what you are looking for I will PM you the private email and telephone number.

BTW the rate is $55 USD a night taxes included.

Cibaeno

Feb 7, 2009
The nearest hotels are:

1) Rubens Hotel (average smaller hotel, reasonably priced) in the 27 de febrero almost corner Maximo Gomez = maybe 2 minutes taxi ride!

2) Barcelo (good hotel of the Barcelo chain) only a few meters farer than the first one, already in the Maximo Gomez!

3) Courtyard by Marriott (good hotel) in the Maximo Gomez = maybe 7 or 8 minutes in taxi

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Courtyard by Marriott

The Courtyard was not far at all from Caribe bus terminal. The former poster was right approximately 7-8 minutes. The hotel was great, reminded me very much of one in the US. Comfortable beds and beautiful bathrooms, and the breakfast the next morning was top notch. All staff spoke very good english I recommend 100%.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
I've never stayed here but this hotel is closer than the Marriot and Aladino; not sure about the jaguar. If you don't have too much luggage, it's walking distance.

careyhousehotel.com.do

moostro

Feb 11, 2009
Thanks!

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I made a reservation at the Marriott. I'll post something when I return, about how it works out.

- Marty