What to were???

K

Key

Can anyone tell me what kind of clothes are worn in DR. I know down here we like to where mostly named brand clothes such as guess jeans and polo shirts. But I would like to know what kinda clothes to bring when I come down.
Any comments would be appreciated!!!

D

Dane Johnson

My wife and I are coming down on Dec 23,2000 and we need help in understanding what clothes to bring with us. We will be staying at the H-10 Bavaro Resorts for the week but we expect to go on tours and eat out once so we need to know what is proper dress while there?

Thanks

Dane Johnson

N

Natasha

Re: What to wear???

Dominicans pretty much wear the same things as in the US (except winter clothes), and at times are even ahead of the fashion game ;-) In the major cities, specially in Santo Domingo, many tend to be label/brand conscious. I remember back in 1996 when I brought my then 13 year old cousin a pair of Lee jeans and she looked at me like I was out of my mind...apperantly, Pepe jeans were all the rage back then :/

I would say bring what you already have and you will be fine.

Regards,
Natasha

N

Natasha

Resort attire is casual, but some places request that men wear long pants and collard shirts for dinner (we have had long discussions here on this topic). Polo shirts, khaki and other light cotton pants would be just fine for men. Shorts/sport clothes are fine for daytime wear and tours. A bathing suit and a sarong might be all you need during the day ;-) Women can wear just about anything - sun dresses, pant sets (even short ones) are fine. Regardless, I always pack the ubiquitous little black dress when I am going to a resort. You may also want to bring a shawl or silk cardigan for breezy nights. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Natasha