Coming to POP for a month.. where to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyyyp

Jan 10, 2009
Hello everybody, let me present myself , my name is anthony 20years old guy from Montreal in Canada.. In the last 2months my passport has been stamped 5 times at the POP Airport , if you can count ive been in POP 5weeks in 2 months ... fell in love too..with the country , and a chica, btw ive been reading this forums since like 5months just never registered or posted but now its done :p

Ive been around everywhere in the city of puerto plata, i know all the calles , i cant get lost

Let me explain my situation..i wanna come down for atleast a month. I plan on going to live there as soon as im done with college .. The question is , would it be cheaper to buy 4weeks in an AI Resort ( would cost about 3200$ with the flights included ) or buy seperate flights and live at local hotels?

Im trying to go the cheapest way.. gimme some hint por favor , cheapest hotel , cheapest resort , cheapest place to rent a car
Really important , i need a place with a free WIFI INTERNET 24hours , because i have an internet buissness

Thanks in advance!

Jan 17, 2009
Is $3,200 just for yourself and it also includes the AI for your chica? If not, an AI would not allow you to bring anyone in. You'll have to book her too. If that's the case, I mean, if it is just the cost for you and you want to be with your chica, then book flight and hotel separately.

tonyyyp

Jan 10, 2009
its 3200$ for me only , i found it very expensive tho.. and my chica would come with me im gonna give her my bracelet

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
You can lose all your money for tampering with bracelets or giving them to someone else. You will need to pay for both of you.
You ought to be able to get a flight for anywhere between 500 and 900 US dollars
There are tons of places you can rent on a monthly basis.
You ought to be able to get a place anywhere from 300-1000 a month and for 1000 a month you can get something sweet, super sweet.
That is half of what you thought you would need to spend.
If the chica you fell in love with is a serious girl, and dont be too surprised if she turns out not to be ( it happens everyday) then she ought tobe able to find reasonable lodging for you.
You really need to be careful, I see so many guys come here and fall in love the first week. Only to realize that many of these gals are simply looking for a meal ticket out of poverty.
But take your chances and good luck but be wary.
I would skip the AI and go stay somewhere small and cozy.
try Sosua or Cabarete both are smaller , less urban and have tons of hotels and apartments for monthly rent.
Bon chance!

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I agree with the last poster. You will not be able to get away with sharing your bracelet. You are just asking for stress and aggravation - to say nothing about $ lost.

tonyyyp

Jan 10, 2009
ok ok , lets say i buy my flight tickets ,where do i rent a condo in sosua or cabarete
i wanna be near the beach , wallking distance , near the city , near everything .. ,
can i get tan on those beach ? do they rent chairs? i know yes in sosua but what about in cabarete?

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
find your self a bicycle and you'll always be near the water.No matter where you'll stay in Cabarete or Sosua!! you are a young fella ,that will gave you an opportunity to connect wiyh your surrounding ,get one for your chica also.
Have fun and don't fell in love to much ,but at your age it will be very hard not to???

cigarjoe

Left for a smoke.....
Feb 11, 2009
Forget the A/I's, it will cost you a fortune, and if the girl is Dominican, which I'm guessing she is, she will stick out like a sore thumb if you try to include her in your stay. Internet will be available in most areas, but not always for free.
Plenty of long term rentals as mentioned. Also take a look at craigslist.org. You have it where you are, go into the Caribbean section and look for monthly or long term rentals. Condos, timeshares, and local residents renting out apts as well. Caberete and Sosua alike will have the beaches nearby as well as the chairs, and hopefully you will get some suntan weather unlike the rains they've had in the past weeks.
I would also be very careful with your Dominican chica if you don't want a broken heart or pocketbook.
Have fun.

The bike idea is also a good thing to look into if you're there for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.