Looking for Fabric near Sosua

Perla Marina

Oct 21, 2008
My wife and I are planning to relocate near Sosua in December. She enjoys making draperies, slipcovers and other creative things with fabrics. Anyone have knowledge as to where we might be able to purchase drapery, slipcover and/or clothing fabrics?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the one I know is hidelsia in puerto plata but someone I know goes to santiago to somewhere in the older part to get her stuff

Aug 21, 2007
In Puerto Plata, in the store adjoining Hildalise (the spelling of this is probably incorrect) is an area which has a large fabric selection. Having said that, when I had some couch cushions recovered recently, the man who did them went to Santiago to buy the fabric I selected. Don't know where, but I imagine it was cheaper there.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Casa Nelson in Puerto Plata has some fabrics for curtains and such, but the best place is the Hidelisa. They have everything from curtain to upholstery to foam, curtain rods and accessories. The prices are not bad either.
There is nothing in Sosua as far as I know and your best bet would be Santiago, if you can't find anthing you like there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Depending own whether you wand fabric or good fabric...The best place in the area in La Epoca on Metropolitana. Fantastic selection...

Also, in the older part of downtown Santiago there are probably 15-20 stores with more selection and better prices than anything in POP...

HB

Perla Marina

Oct 21, 2008
Thank you all for such timely response. Fabric seems to be readily available. We visit for a week in March and will try to locate these places.

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
Fabric

There is also a small but well stocked shop in Sabaneta on the let hand side as you go towards Gasper Hernandez just past the bridge - sorry don't know the name :cheeky:

mambodog

Feb 29, 2008
... and another one on Puerto Plata's calle Beller just about opposit to the Edenorte office (a couple of blocks West of the Central Park).

... J-D.

I think that this shop is called Tapicentro. It can be a bit cheaper than Hidelisa for some things

Last edited: