sending mail to the dr

scarlettbruns

Mar 17, 2008
I want to send a package via courier to my friend in the dominican republic. She gave me her address in the dominican republic. She says it's the full address but there is no postal code or anything, is that typical for the dominican? The address I was given was: Santo Domingo Villa Altagrasia calle buenos aire #3, Dominican republic.

Is that all i need and do I address the package that way with santo domingo first? or would it be like in canada where you have:

name of person
house number and street name
city, province
country
postal code

I asked her and she said that is the full address and she didn't know if I needed anything else

thanks!

bendundat

Sep 16, 2008
I had the same question when i was given an address in the DR.
The info that she gave you was correct. I don't think that the DR uses country or zip codes.
City
Name of Apartment complex
the street
the apartment #
the Country

kristen

Jan 17, 2009
address

She gave the correct information, The courier company will ask all other info, phone,etc and her package will probaly be dropped at the nearest depot and they will call her to let her know it is there. Usually you can track the package on line, its pretty amazing where it goes before she gets it.

scarlettbruns

Mar 17, 2008
thank you! thats good to know I'll make sure I write down the phone number when I drop it off at the courier.