Blocked Internet

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
This has nothing to do with DR, unless you count the fact that I live in Santiago.
Anyway, my Internet is blocked by something called Antivirus 360. They want me to pay $49.95 for antivirus software when I already have some. I am on my daighter's brand new laptop from Dell that I gave her approximately 2 weeks ago...we even have the Antivirus free software for 3 months so why would I want to buy another one?
Everytime we try to get on the Internet is says BLOCKED and there is a link to this "AntiVirus 360" "ONLY $49.95!"
You can eventually get on the internet after clicking 15 or 20 times and you have to do that for EVERY page you want to go to....it is very time consuming. Imagine how long it took me to get to this page! What can I do to get rid of this thing? If anybody knows, please let me know...and in the simplest language possible because I use the computer just for the Internet and I know nothing else. You will have to explain step by step.
Thank You
SHALENA

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
This has nothing to do with DR, unless you count the fact that I live in Santiago.
Anyway, my Internet is blocked by something called Antivirus 360. They want me to pay $49.95 for antivirus software when I already have some. I am on my daighter's brand new laptop from Dell that I gave her approximately 2 weeks ago...we even have the Antivirus free software for 3 months so why would I want to buy another one?
Everytime we try to get on the Internet is says BLOCKED and there is a link to this "AntiVirus 360" "ONLY $49.95!"
You can eventually get on the internet after clicking 15 or 20 times and you have to do that for EVERY page you want to go to....it is very time consuming. Imagine how long it took me to get to this page! What can I do to get rid of this thing? If anybody knows, please let me know...and in the simplest language possible because I use the computer just for the Internet and I know nothing else. You will have to explain step by step.
Thank You
SHALENA
You have a virus, dear.
Here is the link to removal instructions.
How to remove Antivirus 360 (Uninstall Instructions)

bubba153

Jan 24, 2009
i had the same problem. its extremely nasty. I would suggest that you do no online banking or purchasing until this is removed. when i had it , i went to log into paypal and it took me to a spoof site that looked like paypal and was requesting all kinds of info. i contacted paypal and they told me thats not their site. i was concerned after that my computer was compromised so i completely uninstalled my operating system and then reinstalled it. i also found that the bug was inbeded in my documents so i had to destroy them. now it is running like a champ and the problem is resolved. trying to get ride of it is very time consuming and cannot be solved by running antivirus. what ever you do do not subscribe to the 49.95 offer
wayne

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
There is one very cheap solution although you will probably have to call an expert to do it. Completely uninstall Windows and switch your operating system to a Linux distribution. All these stupid anti virus, trojan horses etc then disappear and regular upgrading continues to cost nothing.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that all is well now! We removed the "Antivirus 360"!!
SHALENA

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
try restoring the windows to a previous date, before the virus. Itmay help.
AZB