Emergency accom in pto plata/costombar

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I can't believe I'm having so much trouble finding accom in pto plata on the cheaper end of the market. Costombar, pto plata anywhere. I have 24 hours or I'll have to head back to the UK, can anyone help me, long term or short term I don't care. I expected finding work would be the tough part, not the accommodation side of it.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Try Castillo del Ambar behind the Coca Cola factory. Not sure of their current rates.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Or Hotel Atlantico, Sam's Bar/hotel in the centre of Puerto Plata. ApartHotel Lomar on the Malecon, Jardin Suiso ALSO on the Malecon (the downstairs rooms are cheapest) ............. There are LOADS of inexpensive places!! Go to Codetel office & breeze through 'Hoteles' in their Yellow Pages (paginas amarillo).

One other thought (although it is NOT his job) go & see Mendez at the Consulate. He is generally very helpful & CERTAINLY knowledgeable as to what is available in town. ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I have 24 hours or I'll have to head back to the UK,

In which case, with respect, you should be out walking round the areas you want to live, knocking on doors, asking questions & not sat at a computer. OK for short term, go to Papaguayo near Tropical Supermarket on 27 Febrero. Locate parking lot opposite Tropical, to your left is a sidestreet. Take that, then first right, slightly up a hill, Papaguayo is on your right (i.e. behind Scotiabank). Residents are young people who work at Playa Dorada hotels. Rent used to be RD$2000 a month, probably RD$4000 now. Basic but adequate if you're doing it on the cheap. Get yourself in there for a few months while you look for something more suitable. There are places in that same locality, proper apartments, for RD$6000 a month. Work at it! Good luck!