Are you a Canadian citizen living in Quebec?

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi everyone!

I don't know wheter I'm right about this or not but it seems that a lot of Canadian sponsors from Quebec wait longer than necessary to seal the deal. This popped in my mind last night. This morning when I was reading the newspaper, I read something similar... I'll keep it short: Quebec doens't accept as many immigrants as the other provinces and obviously not as quickly...

That beeing said, I know a few people here (in Quebec) who had it rather easy, but met more who are still waiting...

Have a good day!

MBG

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
you are probably right, I have over 1 year waiting already and I am a quebec permanent resident, not canadian citizen. but willbe a citizen this year

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Hi everyone!

I don't know wheter I'm right about this or not but it seems that a lot of Canadian sponsors from Quebec wait longer than necessary to seal the deal. This popped in my mind last night. This morning when I was reading the newspaper, I read something similar... I'll keep it short: Quebec doens't accept as many immigrants as the other provinces and obviously not as quickly...

That beeing said, I know a few people here (in Quebec) who had it rather easy, but met more who are still waiting...

Have a good day!

MBG

Which newspaper, date and tittle of the article please. thanks

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi La Mariposa!

The newspaper is La Presse .The article I'm refering to was on February 16th (Monday). I can't remember the title (I'll look it up and get back to you later).

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
HI!

It is the right paper; the title of the article is L'immigration ?conomique augmente au Canada[/I.

Click on the link AnnaC sent
Type : immigration canada (on your right)
And, there it is.

]

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
HI!

It is the right paper; the title of the article is L'immigration ?conomique augmente au Canada[/I.

Click on the link AnnaC sent
Type : immigration canada (on your right)
And, there it is.

]

I thought the article you were talking was about sponsorship. I had read that article and it is about economical immigration. Thank you

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Yes the article is mostly about economical immigration but if you look closely it also suggests that Quebec is not about to increase the number of immigrants it accepts...while the other provinces are increasing a lot, including spouses and dependants. It also says Quebec tends to favor newcomers who already speak French...Dominicans don't usually have French as a second language, it's mostly English they speak as you already know....So that's the part of the article that caught my attention...

By the way, I have a question for everyone who lives in Quebec:when did you send your application to Mississauga?

Thanks

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
By the way, I have a question for everyone who lives in Quebec:when did you send your application to Mississauga?

Thanks

I might be wrong ( it happens once in while :cheeky: ) but I think you and Carlos are the only ones waiting from Quebec right now. You'll find his info on the uncompleted time line thread.

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
HI AnnaC!

I spoke to Carlos a few times. I did see his timeline...I'm the one who started the uncompleted timeline thread and Sangria fixed it ( started a new one on which she posts every new info we have on our application). I knew we weren't too many from Quebec but wanted to double-check. I also spoke to 2 people who are not on DR1 (but from Qc) same thing...

Thank you anyway AnnaC!

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Carlos and I are also share the same hometown (Montreal), so does the other two people that I have met.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
I m from montreal too and my boyfriend (common-law partner) is here since november 2008. the process time was 5 month and half and he speak only spanish.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I m from montreal too and my boyfriend (common-law partner) is here since november 2008. the process time was 5 month and half and he speak only spanish.

I'm interested in how you did that because there are rules. Did you live together for a year in the DR?

Thanks

Common-law partner

You are a common-law partner?either of the opposite sex or same sex?if:
  • you have been living together in a conjugal relationship for at least one year in a continuous 12-month period that was not interrupted. (You are allowed short absences for business travel or family reasons, however.)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Oh wait I have found your other posts. You also had a baby in the DR. Ok thanks I understand now.

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi caro!

Wow, Like AnnaC I'm very curious to find out what you did or did not do for your process to be wrapped up so quickly.

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
It's me again caro,

My husband speaks very good English and a little of French.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
Hi caro!

Wow, Like AnnaC I'm very curious to find out what you did or did not do for your process to be wrapped up so quickly.

can help because I don t know why us was so fast ...maybe our situation, living together in dr and having a child .

I put everything and more that what was asking for...his diplom, statement of bank account (pesos and US)..everything that make him look good

I wish you good luck and be soon with your husband

if you want to know more PM