the rain on the north shore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidishin

Jul 13, 2008
So my family trip to Cabarete has been booked and anxiously awaited til the summer -- coming up this Sunday for a week -- which is why I'm so disappointed to see the first few days' weather forecast is for rain, rain, rain! Is this how it's been for awhile? Is it steady rain all day, or sun then occasional showers? Is there any sun at all? As silly as it sounds, I feel personally responsible for the weather, since I conceived of and planned the entire trip for the nine of us, and I'm really hoping all the expense and hassle isn't just to get drenched! What's it like on the ground?

Kidishin

Jul 13, 2008
Wow, that site has a completely different forecast from weather.com, which predicts solid rain! I hope for both of our sakes that the Ask.com weather source is more reliable!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We had a bad bout of exceptional rain for over a week but, I am happy to say that since Thursday it has been back to virtually wall-to-wall warm sunshine. I was in Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabarete today and commented that it was the hottest day this year so far - hope you all enjoy your holidays in the sunshine!

Kidishin

Jul 13, 2008
Thanks, everyone, for putting my fears at ease! And I'm happy to know about the weather thread, which I missed bc I usually just check the north coast boards. So excited!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Whirley's got it right... we had a week or so of solid rain/gray/cloudy/cold wind... and now back to lots of sunshine. Unfortuantely, no guarantees that it will continue as it's winter. I always feel for the vacationers that catch a bad batch of weather, because in general the north coast has phenomenal weather with few exceptions. For those of us that live here, we just wait out the bad weather knowing better days are on the way. Hoping the best for you!

Mar 2, 2008
CFA is correct, as usual. I would only add that weather is relative, and relatively speaking, a week of 75 degree F rain on the North Coast is way better than what we have had in North America all winter.

I know it is a hardship for many Dominicans and a disappointment for many tourists, but I'll take any day over shoveling snow, scraping windshields, and freezing pipes.

To me it's like taking a warm shower on a Sunday afternoon. It's tranquil and relaxing, and you're bound to find something exciting to do inside after you dry off.;)

M

Markf128

cat_rain.jpg

I hate when in rains!!

M

Markf128

It is raining over there. Damm! Anyway Windfinder, thanks for the link.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Rain

Wow, just saw the webcam, can't believe it is still raining there. I got back 6 days ago form a trip of 7 days of straight rain. Was forced to down presidente after presidente!!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We have had 5 lovely days since you left jbars but it is certainly raining this afternoon! Has put paid to my plans today so good to have DR1.

mattm

Feb 28, 2007
we had a solid day of rain yesterday in Puerta Plata, but it seems to be clearing up today (Wednesday)

Sep 19, 2005
check out the webcams on poster listed. there is another thread shwoing a few more in cabarete.

I really think it will ease your mind BEFORE the trip.

the forecast always seems to be dismal.period

now when you get here all bets are off...you will have the weather you have and have to make the most of it, no matter.

so many times i have made the trip over the mountian to the north coast and sure enough all through the mountains it rained...then it was clear once we started coming down to the shore!!

bob

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Well, for the eternal optimists out there.... At least you don't have to shovel rain...

I'll take rain and cool winds over 5 feet of snow and 40 below any day of the year. But as already stated above, we are back into the beautiful sunny warm days here in Sosua.

YES!!!

Besides, I can think of a lot of other things worse than being forced to drink Presidente after Presidente. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.