newbie needs help

rugby.1

Feb 11, 2009
can spend a few weeks inDR at dend of month. i hear the diving/snorkeling is better in the south. i was looking a flying into pourto plate and staying close just cause i can do it on the cheap. can i do that in the south??? i fjound really cheap condo's & hotels around POP- looking for some advice. not a night life guy, just an older guy who wants to relax & spend some time in the water-rugby

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
can spend a few weeks inDR at dend of month. i hear the diving/snorkeling is better in the south. i was looking a flying into pourto plate and staying close just cause i can do it on the cheap. can i do that in the south??? i fjound really cheap condo's & hotels around POP- looking for some advice. not a night life guy, just an older guy who wants to relax & spend some time in the water-rugby
I think you might find Luperon better for snorkeling/diving than the immediate Puerto Plata area (I am presuming pourto plate is supposed to be Puerto Plata). There are many inexpensive places to stay at over in Luperon & there is a good maritime community to link into at the Marine too. Monte Cristi is not too far away, Punta Rucia is on your doorstep (almost) & then there are areas near Manzanillo.

RUGBY???? Is that as in Warwicks, The game (league or union) or some other connotation? ~ Grahame.