Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46
  1. #1
    On Vacation!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Exclamation Caribbean vs expats. Are we safe here?

    After twelve days of escalation the Guadeloupe anti-expat uprising spreads into Martinique.

    Are we 100% safe here? Are local Dominicans happy with growing prices and more and more rich expats taking best lands on the island?
    Anyone is closely familiar with safety and security situation in this country please?

    Clashes exacerbate strike in French Caribbean

  2. #2
    Gold
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    closed...................

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default a

    btw a real issue to think about

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Forget it, no problem. In addition the the expats there are numerous Dominican expats as well, all pumping their precious dollars into the economy.

  5. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK74 View Post
    After twelve days of escalation the Guadeloupe anti-expat uprising spreads into Martinique.

    Are we 100% safe here? Are local Dominicans happy with growing prices and more and more rich expats taking best lands on the island?
    Anyone is closely familiar with safety and security situation in this country please?

    Clashes exacerbate strike in French Caribbean
    Apples and oranges, man.

    Geez, do you have to combine your usual bad information with unfounded alarmism?

    Maybe it's time for you to "swim in ocean, get cheap foods and enjoy freedoms of sex without prosecution" a bit more....
    Last edited by DRob; 02-16-2009 at 11:29 PM.

  6. #6
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks for the heads up on a business opportunity!

    Time to direct some marketing of the DR in the Lesser Antilles, eh?

    Let's see, what would be a good phrase:

    Do you want paradise but paradise doesn't want you? No problem in Dominican Republic!

    -NALs

  7. #7
    Gold
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,419
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK74 View Post
    Are we 100% safe here?
    I doubt if you are, after a post like that. So I'd keep checking over your shoulder, buddy . Valentine's Day not a rip-roaring success, huh? Or have car imports changed to weaponry imports? We already had one of those people on here, trying to drum up business by scare tactics & they weren't wonderfully successful either.

    IF we ever have a revolution here (big IF) it won't be the expats they're gunning for.

    Might I suggest that if enough people agree, we ask the Mod to alter the thread title. It's misleading. Anyone else think so?

  8. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    I doubt if you are, after a post like that. So I'd keep checking over your shoulder, buddy . Valentine's Day not a rip-roaring success, huh? Or have car imports changed to weaponry imports? We already had one of those people on here, trying to drum up business by scare tactics & they weren't wonderfully successful either.

    IF we ever have a revolution here (big IF) it won't be the expats they're gunning for.

    Might I suggest that if enough people agree, we ask the Mod to alter the thread title. It's misleading. Anyone else think so?
    Yes, I agree that the thread title is misleading and also not actually that relevant to the DR at all but that is IMHO.

  9. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,417
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whirleybird View Post
    Yes, I agree that the thread title is misleading and also not actually that relevant to the DR at all but that is IMHO.
    I agree. Perhaps this thread should be closed?

    NotLurking

  10. #10
    On Vacation!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Being a Gold Member I honestly believed that human lives and its protection is paramaunt and we have a wholesome fruitful and beneficial discussion on how to be prepared.

    And expected safety and security professionals to participate and teach us on self protection measures in our local field context.

    But if indeed RE value considerations are so high and painful I have no objections against closing the thread if Robert and Anna also think likewise.

    I tried to facilitate protection of human people here if from Martinique and Guadalupe it moves closer to this island.

    If it is not needed, I feel very sad and upset but at least having tried to do something for community...
    Last edited by AK74; 02-17-2009 at 01:33 AM. Reason: More emphasis and care...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •