Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Caribbean vs expats. Are we safe here?

After twelve days of escalation the Guadeloupe anti-expat uprising spreads into Martinique.

Are we 100% safe here? Are local Dominicans happy with growing prices and more and more rich expats taking best lands on the island?
    Anyone is closely familiar with safety and security situation in this country please?

Clashes exacerbate strike in French Caribbean

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

closed...................

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a

btw a real issue to think about

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget it, no problem. In addition the the expats there are numerous Dominican expats as well, all pumping their precious dollars into the economy.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AK74 View Post
    After twelve days of escalation the Guadeloupe anti-expat uprising spreads into Martinique.

Are we 100% safe here? Are local Dominicans happy with growing prices and more and more rich expats taking best lands on the island?
    Anyone is closely familiar with safety and security situation in this country please?

Clashes exacerbate strike in French Caribbean
    Apples and oranges, man.

Geez, do you have to combine your usual bad information with unfounded alarmism?

Maybe it's time for you to "swim in ocean, get cheap foods and enjoy freedoms of sex without prosecution" a bit more....
    Last edited by DRob; 02-16-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up on a business opportunity!

Time to direct some marketing of the DR in the Lesser Antilles, eh?

Let's see, what would be a good phrase:

Do you want paradise but paradise doesn't want you? No problem in Dominican Republic!

-NALs

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AK74 View Post
    Are we 100% safe here?
    I doubt if you are, after a post like that. So I'd keep checking over your shoulder, buddy . Valentine's Day not a rip-roaring success, huh? Or have car imports changed to weaponry imports? We already had one of those people on here, trying to drum up business by scare tactics & they weren't wonderfully successful either.

IF we ever have a revolution here (big IF) it won't be the expats they're gunning for.

Might I suggest that if enough people agree, we ask the Mod to alter the thread title. It's misleading. Anyone else think so?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    I doubt if you are, after a post like that. So I'd keep checking over your shoulder, buddy . Valentine's Day not a rip-roaring success, huh? Or have car imports changed to weaponry imports? We already had one of those people on here, trying to drum up business by scare tactics & they weren't wonderfully successful either.

IF we ever have a revolution here (big IF) it won't be the expats they're gunning for.

Might I suggest that if enough people agree, we ask the Mod to alter the thread title. It's misleading. Anyone else think so?
    Yes, I agree that the thread title is misleading and also not actually that relevant to the DR at all but that is IMHO.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whirleybird View Post
    Yes, I agree that the thread title is misleading and also not actually that relevant to the DR at all but that is IMHO.
    I agree. Perhaps this thread should be closed?

NotLurking

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a Gold Member I honestly believed that human lives and its protection is paramaunt and we have a wholesome fruitful and beneficial discussion on how to be prepared.

And expected safety and security professionals to participate and teach us on self protection measures in our local field context.

But if indeed RE value considerations are so high and painful I have no objections against closing the thread if Robert and Anna also think likewise.

I tried to facilitate protection of human people here if from Martinique and Guadalupe it moves closer to this island.

If it is not needed, I feel very sad and upset but at least having tried to do something for community...
    Last edited by AK74; 02-17-2009 at 01:33 AM. Reason: More emphasis and care...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast