german visa

milky

Feb 18, 2009
Hy!
I need a little help from you. Here is the situation... dominican (student, working) who wants to travel on a vacation to germany. How hard is to get german visa? Can you give me, please, some advises how to get it? What is necessary to have and what is good to have, what you sugest like a proof for embassy, and so on...?
Does anyone have any experiance with that?
Share with me, and others everything you know, every advise, every word is welcome.....
thanks

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
I have a Dominican friend who had no problems getting the Schengen visa for Germany last year I think (or in late 2007). He said that the hardest part was to show proof of a medical insurance, that the Embassy required. He went to the Embassy in person to ask about the paperwork and costs and what not and it took him about 2 weeks to get the visa, BUT he's already traveled to US and several other countries. I wouldn't know if someone who hasn't traveled would get the visa as quick.

Link to the German Embassy in Santo Domingo: Embajada Alemana Santo Domingo - Disposiciones en materia de visados

Hope it helps.

milky

Feb 18, 2009
Yeah, i am interested in any information, link, anything that can help. It means much to me... so thanks people

coche344

Oct 21, 2007
HI Milky,
well I dont think its a big problem to get a visa for Germany or Schengen.Its the same.But you have to have enough money on the account or a steady job with contract or somebody who will take the financial guarantee for you in Germany.Then they will give you up to 3 months as visitors visa.If you want to study there then maybe your university can help you.
Good luck and if you have anymore questions PM me.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the guaranter's paper is the important part of it. i did it 3 years ago for a friend of mine. you get the form at every "Kreisverwaltungs" office in germany(same for all other Schengen countries, the same Visa for all of them), the family/person who is the guaranter for the visitor has to get that form there in germany, fill it in completely and then send it over here. the same person can make the needed med insurance, that's an other vital point, no schengen visa without that, can be done online within minutes, costs around 1 euro per day.
over here in the DR the visitor needs a own bank account, no big amount needed, the point is to have a bank record with a dominican bank, and a Employer's paper. of course a dominican passport is required, lol.
good luck
Mike