Soon-to-be New to Santo Domingo - budget housing?

austin s

Feb 18, 2009
Hey all - first time posting on an internet message board, so rather self-consciously trying to tone down the verbosity -

to the point, I will be spending the month of April in and around Santo Domingo working on a musical project, and am not exactly sure yet how best to go about finding budget (cheap apparently has a negative connotation for some) rental space - I'm not tamed by luxury or great expectation, and my needs are very minimal - bed, kitchen, fridge and four walls.

ideally something in the 240-300 dollar (US) range would work best - in searching around the forum most folks seem to have more experience with nicer accomodations/700-800 range for older working professionals, so any help at all in the other direction would be appreciated.

I did manage to get in touch with an Aparthotel in Ciudad Nueva that rents studio space in this price range, but it looks like slim chance for vacancy come April, and it was one of my few advance leads from someone i will be working with in the city.

Im sure i will have more questions in time, but any help or pointers at all would be much appreciated!

thanks,
a

austin s

Feb 18, 2009
i realize the thread title may be misleading - hate to have it confused with the multiple other threads by folks MOVING to the DR - ughhh. Excuse me please. Im visiting and looking for ideas on how to find budget rentals by week/month. Im clearly not internet savvy, but enough so to know im a "newb" (or is it n00b?)

Nov 25, 2008
really what your looking for is a room mate that is looking for someone long term, but in your case your only going to be for a month.

your best bet is asking the people who you will be working on your musical gig to get you something

R

rockero

I Am confused all this fuss was only for one month??? What musical projects too??? Santiago has more of an alternative rock scene where in Santo Domingo you can find Death Metal,Punk,Hardcore and so much more music,,Please tell us if so?????