Banco Popular Internet Banking new Requirement

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I've using BPD's internet banking for a couple of years now and it's been pretty good so far. For instance I have a loan with them which I pay monthy online. I just wire the money from my US account to my BPD account and once it arrives I just perform the payment online.

Now apparently they have this new requirement that to do any online transactions you need a "tarjeta de codigos" (some kind of coded card). When I try I get this message below:

"Para completar su acceso a transacciones es necesaria la asignaci?n de la Tarjeta de C?digos Popular. Para esta asignaci?n favor contactar a su Oficial de Negocios. Mientras tanto, podr? realizar sus consultas de la forma acostumbrada."

Granted they never sent me any communication that this change was going to happen. It's a big hassle as I'm not in the country, thus cannot go to the nearest office to get this card.

Just wanted you all to be aware of this change, in case you use their online banking

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
It's a card with around 20 different numbers on it and the online banking asks you for one or more of your numbers. It is to improve security. Not sure how they would get one to you overseas though.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Banco BHD

.......has had the same system for their internet banking for quite sometime.............I've been using it ever since they took over Republic Bank.............

............Everytime you make an online transaction they ask for a number (from 1 to 40 with BHD) and you enter in that number..............

I knew that BPD was going to do this soon since a friend of mine got an email a few weeks ago and we sent them an email asking how he'd be able to use the system since he is in the US and won't be back in time to get a card...........

This was their response: (NOT SURE EXACTLY WHAT THEY MEAN!)

Apreciado Cliente:

Gracias por utilizar los servicios de Popular en L?nea.

En respuesta a su inquietud, le informamos que puede utilizar su servicio de Internet Banking normalmente, en caso de presentar alguna restricci?n o inconveniente al momento de realizar alguna transacci?n, le sugerimos cort?smente comunicarse con la oficina en la cual maneja sus cuentas, a fin de ser asistido.

Le pedimos disculpas por los inconvenientes que este hecho haya podido ocasionarle.
Nos despedimos reiter?ndonos a su disposici?n para cualquier duda o consulta adicional.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Apparently is not roiled out cuz iam still able to do my pay roll and make payment to loan via On line banking...
If anything changes on my account ill post it..

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Apparently is not roiled out cuz iam still able to do my pay roll and make payment to loan via On line banking...
If anything changes on my account ill post it..

Same here. I can still do everything I normally do without the need to input any numbers from the 'Tarjeta de Codigos Popular'.

NotLurking

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
BTW: I forgot to mention that I did receive an email from BPD on Jan. 29 advising me about the change to internet banking policy. According to the email, all transactions done on internet banking after March 31, 2009 will require the use of this new tool.

NotLurking