Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DR bank accounts with high balances

my maid was mentioning yesterday there is some new law around local bank accounts with high balances, and how health insurance or something would be automatically deducted from your account.

the message came across a little confused, i'm wondering if anyone here can clarify what this might be about?

Post Thanks / Like

There is a proposal to tax interest rate income on CDs and savings. Also on credit cards.

Basically, they are trying to find money to pay for a salary increase for medical personnel in the nation's hospitals: MDs, nurses and bio=techs..

With regards to Social Security, I have not seen anything regarding that.
    that is taken out of salaries, not savings.
    HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

ok that makes more sense. she was also talking about people buying safety deposit boxes to store their money rather than using bank accounts due to this issue. it all sounded rather amazing

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adrianb View Post
    ok that makes more sense. she was also talking about people buying safety deposit boxes to store their money rather than using bank accounts due to this issue. it all sounded rather amazing
    Boy, now there is a stroke of genius. Take your money that was making 16% interest in a CD and lock it up in a box so you don't have to pay tax on the interest.