Question for those who have had an interview in the DR

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
Just a question for those who have had an interview in Santo Domingo at the Canadian embassy...... The people interviewing you or your spouse, were they Canadian and also was in a man or a woman ?

Thanks in advance!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Just a question for those who have had an interview in Santo Domingo at the Canadian embassy...... The people interviewing you or your spouse, were they Canadian and also was in a man or a woman ?

Thanks in advance!

Prior to becoming my wife, Yris went for an interview for a visitors visa. It was a Canadian man, with a female interpreter. I'm sure the protocol would be simular for an immigration interview. When we applied for landed immigrant they never asked for an interview.

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
bjnissa;

I attended the interview with my husband in 2007. The Immigration Officers are Canadian who work at the Canadian Embassy in Haiti. They come to Sto. Domingo for the interviews. The officer was a lady who was from Quebec. Her English was good and her Spanish was okay. He/she will ask your spouse which language they prefer the interview to be in either English or Spanish. My husband spoke both at his interview.

I have posted before on this, but just a recap. I attended the embassy for the interview. I showed my passport and was allowed into the waiting area with my husband. When the immigration officer saw that I was with him she asked if I was the spouse. She then interviewed us separately.

Hope this helps.
Sandy