Golf Ideas

L

Lawrence

Looking for suggestions and descriptions of golf courses in the Puerto Plata area. Some ideas of costs, condition, etc.

A

artek

Campo De Golf Playa Grande *PIC*

best.
1 hour from pp by car

H

Hillbilly

There are only three:=>

Playa Dorada: flat but long and somewhat interesting-not too expensive. Reasonable, I'd say.
Playa Grande; Absolutely the best course in the country! A must play now, before too many people discover it, kind of course. Bring camara and friends. Not expensive either.These two are both Robert Trent Jones designs and the one at P. Grande is considered to be historical, outta sight by those that have played the finest in the world. Jim isn't too sure of this but believe me it is!
Las Caobas in CostAmbar: I have not played there in years but it is a neat little place that winds around the houses in CostAmbar.
Nearby: Santiago->Las Aromas, 18 holes, 6003 yards. Nasty little place, elevated tees and greens, windy, little water. Pete Dye design, par 70
Jarabacoa: 9 holes in the piney woods. Long, par 36., Most beautiful course around for hills and trees. Cooler in the evenings and good food. Robt. T Jones design...
enjoy,

HB

L

Lawrence

Re: There are only three:=>

Thanks Hillbilly, for the info. When you say reasonable exactly how much in US$. I am only going down for a week at christmas. Should I book Tee times ahead, I am staying at the Playa Naco which I think is close to the Playa Dorado. How far away are the others and what is the best way to get there?
Thanks