The rain and 27 Waterfalls

Status
Not open for further replies.

adodd

Feb 12, 2009
Is the 27 Waterfalls tour still happening with all of this rain? I think we are planning on going on Monday March 2nd

travelchik

Jan 26, 2007
27 Waterfalls

My husband and his brother went just this past week and the falls were open. He said that this time (his second) they weren't able to swim in the river on the way up as the current was too strong. Instead they hiked all the way to the top and swam / jumped the waterfalls back down. Mind you, this was after 5 solid days of rain too! So as long as we don't get another stretch like that you should be fine. Hope this helps! Have fun!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
wow! i would think with all that rain it would be dangerous to try and swim with the strong currents! i cant wait to go back to the falls! it is truly one of the island's most beautiful and exciting places to visit! :)

adodd

Feb 12, 2009
Yes I have read about the boy that passed away. It was a tragedy. I think that I will be going still based on the type of adventure I will have. There are also helmets and life jackets, and all members of our party are strong swimmers. If I do not go to the waterfalls, I will never have a chance again and will regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.