Kite surfing in Las Terrenas?

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Hi,

Just want to know how the winds have been and what u think about next week. At El Portillo, Ponta Popy and Coson.

We kited at El portillo last year and it was sweet... :)

Cabarete been nice last two weeks, despite windfinder/windguru saying not much wind... That is why I ask u guys living there.

Any info appreciated. We plan to go there next week.

toursamanawithterry

Jan 30, 2009
My brother in law works at El Portillo in night maintenance. I will try to get a hold of him and see what he says about the recent conditions there. I can tell you that it is generally a bit breezy to full on windy here almost all the time. That goes for the whole peninsula generally.

toursamanawithterry

Jan 30, 2009
I just spoke with my Br. in law and he said it has been relatively calm at Portillo lately. He also said that he has seen them out kite surfing even on calm days on the ground. It appears there is a good breeze up higher most of the time regardless. I did have a friend go up at the end of January to try it out and there was no wind, he had to go another day.

Sorry, that is the best I can do as of right now.

Facility

Sep 3, 2008
Hi,

Cabarete been nice last two weeks, despite windfinder/windguru saying not much wind... That is why I ask u guys living there.

Any info appreciated. We plan to go there next week.

Last three days Cabarete winds were just fine though.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I just spoke with my Br. in law and he said it has been relatively calm at Portillo lately. He also said that he has seen them out kite surfing even on calm days on the ground. It appears there is a good breeze up higher most of the time regardless. I did have a friend go up at the end of January to try it out and there was no wind, he had to go another day.

Sorry, that is the best I can do as of right now.

Thank you :)... We are there now and wind was good yesterday, but now rain... :ermm: