Shipping container without residency

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
Hi, does anyone know the rough cost of getting a 20ft container ( sofa, beds, toys etc, no electricals) through customs without having your residency as I would like to get some furniture into my house before I move there (holidays etc). I looked at furniture when I was there last and there wasnt the choice I have here.I know the cost to ship there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
CRAIG

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
VERY expensive. I know in our case the tax cost was about $9,000 and that was with only inspecting less then 1/2 the container as they were too lazy to get a fork lift to move the stove. With the exoneration it was less then $400.

You maybe better off looking more extensively here and buy here. Or start your residency process before moving here and you will qualify for the exoneration as long as the paperwork has been filed and you are give papers that prove that.

Bob K

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Hi, does anyone know the rough cost of getting a 20ft container ( sofa, beds, toys etc, no electricals) through customs without having your residency as I would like to get some furniture into my house before I move there (holidays etc). I looked at furniture when I was there last and there wasnt the choice I have here.I know the cost to ship there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
CRAIG

Send a pm to "The Hun" as he did this recently. BTW, getting the residency is easy for anyone.