Condos for rent & Damajagua & resturants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel_monson

Feb 20, 2008
My girlfriend and I will be going to Puerto Plata for Holy Week. We were thinking of staying at Sun Village, but then we came up with another idea.

I was thinking of renting a small apartment (with a pool) that's close to these Damajagua falls. We just want to see some nature by ourselves and we won't be doing anything dangerous. We just want to walk around by ourselves. So we don't want any tours or guides. We want to be alone.

Then we could just go to a restaurant nearby. My girlfriend has a 4x4 vehicle which we will use only if absolutely necessary. But everything should be close. I don't want to be in the car more than we have to.

So to summarize this would be it:
* Stay at an apartment with a swimming pool that's at a walking/hiking distance of Damajagua falls.
* We go to Damajagua falls, but we will only walk. Nothing dangerous for us. Just admire nature and the falls. No guides!
* We go back to the hotel and we walk to a restaurant.

Is this possible? We have about $900 for the whole week. What do you guys think?
I can't stress it enough, we don't want any guides because we just want to be alone. We won't be diving anywhere or taking dangerous routes.

Thanks.

Cibaeno

Feb 7, 2009
Well I`m sorry to tell you, but I think it is almost impossible! This is due to the fact that Damajagua Waterfalls are a National Park and not in the middle of a residencial area, so the only housings in walking distance are small houses where some locals live. But don?t even dream about finding one at the standard you probably want to and less with a pool!

I think you should stay with a hotel/ resort and get to Damajagua in your 4x4 and then you can get in the park. Actually I don?t even know for sure if it is allowed to to the waterfalls on your own (=without guide) due to security issues. Would have to check that!

Status
Not open for further replies.