411 on sosua Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeJMD28

Feb 20, 2009
I just graduated med school and want to catch up on the 4 years lost in 1 week. I was wondering about hotel casa cayena..is it a safe hotel?? I read extensively on all the posts about this palace being very risky..I have been to Santo domingo in 07 to an HIV prevention confrence and i loved the 3 days there. I would assume sosusa would offer the same or better..I am not the regular gringo..I am 28 and my spanish is decent and i look latino eventhouh i am canadian, this is due to my parents coming from portugal and india. I hope i do meet some of the infamaous beauties of this island. Where to go at night?? Is it safe to rent a car? I would greaty appreciate your input..Thanx

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Sosua is absolutely nothing like Santo Domingo. It is a small tourist town which has a nice beach and a number of other things to offer on vacation. Women are among them, but for the most part they are prostitutes, and how you look or whether you speak Spanish won't make much difference to them. You could spend a week in Sosua, party your a** off and have as many women as you want, all within walking distance of several hotels in town. Driving is doable, but should not be necessary unless you are going to explore other places.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
sosua is so small you can walk most places. there's a beauty around every corner :ermm:

VeeJMD28

Feb 20, 2009
Thanx for your info..But can someone shed some light on casa cayena...Is it a safe hotel?? Also are the clubs open on sundays and weekdays?? Whats the latest i should be walking around without getting robbed? I understand the concept of vigilance but after reading some of the threads on here..it would be better to hear some what not to do's...Thanx again.

catch

Apr 25, 2007
Thanx for your info..But can someone shed some light on casa cayena...Is it a safe hotel?? Also are the clubs open on sundays and weekdays?? Whats the latest i should be walking around without getting robbed? I understand the concept of vigilance but after reading some of the threads on here..it would be better to hear some what not to do's...Thanx again.

we stayed at casa cayena 3 weeks ago, for a quick 3 nights . the place is okay its right on the main road in the center of town . A short walk to anywhere . I didnt notice any security at the hotel . I did see cameras on the property ,nor anyone at the front desk in the late evening hours , 11-12 late for me . I think safety should not be much of an issue ,just use common sense at all times .

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Perhaps the greatest security risk you will face is the girl you bring back to your room, especially if you are drunk and don't have your guard up. Use common sense and you will be fine.

ghost722

Jan 14, 2009
I agree, just use common sense and you'll be fine. I felt perfectly safe walking back to my hotel at 3am. Just watch out for any chica who approaches you and is overly touchy as she is probably trying to pickpocket you.

catch

Apr 25, 2007
sorry wrong hotel

Im sorry I didnt stay at that hotel. I stayed at hotel Kaoba . sorry for the wrong info. catch

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Just watch out for any chica who approaches you and is overly touchy as she is probably trying to pickpocket you.
213rr14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.