HAIR CARE

J

jazzy

Does anyone know the name of natural hair care products made in the Dominican Republic? I know Rysell is one, what are others?
I'm in Texas, and I'd like to order them. I have really nice curly/kinky hair and I use relaxers. I've heard these are excellent for chemically processed hair.

S

Susan

I love Lafier products. The Collagen and Placenta treatment is great and smells wonderful. I always have to bring a couple of jars back for my sisters and cousins.

R

Ruth Butler

I know one them is LAFIEL and it does work. It leaves your hair shinny and soft. I know they sell it in New York, at every corner store, but I dont know about Texas.

C

CeCe29

Anything by LaFier or Capilar is good. Try the Canela y Suela (it is good for detangaling as well), Avocado, Leche, Miel.
Sabila (Aloe)is good for relaxed and dry hair, I use that alot. It is funny how many dominican women I know that live there use Sebastian, Nexus and Paul Mitchell stuff but I go there to buy there cheapy hair products. They look at me like I am crazy! You can try any one of them, there all good!

N

Natasha

WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT USE...

Are any shampoos containing the ingredients Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Ammonium Xylenesulfonate. These are extremely drying ingredients which ironically, tons of shampoos have. I don't have chemicals in my hair but it is WAVY and THICK and I have to use products with a lot of moisture in them. For chemically treated hair you should look for moisturizing products, but not so much that you end up with limp hair. Start with a mild shampoo such as Aveda Shampure and concentrate in getting the moisture from the conditioner - I like Trevor Sorbie Riche Conditioner and Graham Webb's Back to Basics Raspberry Conditioner. You don't have to use the same lines of products and whoever tells you otherwise doesn't know a thing about hair.

Make sure not to confuse Sodium LAURYL Sulfate with Sodium LAURETH Sulfate. They are both cleasing ingredients, but the latter is not stripping. Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate and Ammoniun Laureth Sulfate are both mild cleansing ingredients and are good to use.

A word about -natural- products. They are not any better for you. As a matter of fact, they can be irritating and counter-productive, specially if you have chemically treated tresses. The best ingredients, believe it or not, are those made by humans in the labs. Look for Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone and Silicon for softness and shine.

Lafier are good products and I have seen them in Miami for example. I have not seen them here in DC though :-( Hope this helps.

Regards,
Natasha

N

Natasha

Re: Here's a fun website

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Natasha