Getting to Bayahibe from the Airport

janestag

Feb 20, 2007
I am planning on staying at Iberostar Hacienda Domincus in Bayahibe. Which Airport should I fly into..... Santo Domingo or Punta Cana????? Which is the shortest trip to Bayahibe, and how long is it????

Whats the best mode of transportation from the airport to Bayahibe (Taxi, van, bus)????? Cost????

Once I arrive at the airport, I don't like to hang around. Just Like to get to the hotel asap.

Any help is appreciated, and any comments on Iberostar Hacienda Domincus would also be appreciated

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
It is definitely easier to arrive in La Romana in order to go to Bayahibe, much closer than Punta Cana.
Once there, just take a taxi, it's about 20 minutes from there to the Bayahibe resort area. From Punta Cana it would take you at least 90 minutes to get to Bayahibe.

janestag

Feb 20, 2007
Mido,

Thanks, but I am not flying into Romana. Is it better to fly into Punta Cana or Santo Domingo...... if i am going to Bayahibe

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
taxi rates

Here are some taxi rates and travel times you can chew on.

Punta Cana to Bayahibe +- US$ 120, travel time 90 min
La Romana " " +- 25 " " 20 min
Santo Domingo" " +- 120 " " 2 hrs.

Please note: the rates and times are approximate.

Regards,

PJT

janestag

Feb 20, 2007
It sounds to me that I should fly into Punta Cana (instead of Santa Domingo) because it would take lees time to get to Bayahibe.

Since I am booking this Liberty Travel the cost of that Airport Transfer seems to much less that $120 (one way)

janestag

Feb 20, 2007
My travel agent just told me that her sister just flew into Punta Cana and took a Pietro Tours bus as an Airport transfer. And that the bus stopped half way for people to go to the restroom, stretch their legs, and they Just happend to be at a souvenier place. The overall trip took 3 hours.

Could that be????? Has anybody else experienced that????

I do realize that that Airport Transfers have to stop at multiple resorts, but would the Bayahibe area be an early stop before La Romana when coming from Punta Cana Airport?????

Sorry for obsessing on this topic