Mail to Barahona

Quisqueya430

My Fiance lives in Bahoruco, Barahona and he doesn't have an address, being that he lives in the 'campo'. I know that people can rent out PO Boxes, but I was wondering if that service is available in Barahona. If anyone can help me, please let me know where or if I can find this service. I plan on starting the process of bringing him here, and he needs to have some sort of an address in order to receive the paperwork . Any help will be very appreciated. Thank you in advance!:classic:

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Hi Quisqueya, I don't know of any mail box service in Barahona, but I know for sure some people in Bahoruco have mailing address. If he lives in a place in Bahoruco where there are is no street name (most of Bahoruco doesn't), ask him to find someone who lives in the main street where all the houses are numbered, so they can receive mail for him. The main street is actually the main road along the beach (I'm sure you know it), I'm sure he knows someone or is related to someone along the main road, everyone in Bahoruco either knows each other or is related to someone. I think they are working on putting names on streets in Bahoruco, after all both Cienaga and Fudeco have named streets, I don't see why Bahoruco doesn't have it.

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Cynicism!

My Fiance lives in Bahoruco... I plan on starting the process of bringing him here, and he needs to have some sort of an address in order to receive the paperwork...

Another one of those cases. Allow a bit of cynicism but I wonder if we will see your story here on DR1 in a year's time or so, under the sanki-forum. For how long have you known him?

Quisqueya430

Another one of those cases. Allow a bit of cynicism but I wonder if we will see your story here on DR1 in a year's time or so, under the sanki-forum. For how long have you known him?

I've known my Fianc? since I was a little girl. He is my cousin's step-brother. He was born in DR, I was born in NYC. We fell in love, and have been engaged ever since. I decided it was in our best interest for him to come to the US, you know, THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY.

However, I don't see why that should matter to you. Maybe if you'd see the glass half full, you wouldn't be such a cynic.

So, no, it's not "another one of 'those' cases".

But thanks for your interest, though !
:bunny:

roks33

Jan 21, 2007
The post is always a problem and doesn't work like in different countries, but the postmen are very clever.
I send post to a small village without streetnames, and write close to the jacoba tree in the village.
P.O. box ??? Find somebody in Barahona.

Nattalie

Mar 2, 2009
More Postal Qs

We will have the opposite situation as we will be living in the campo outside of Baharona within the year. Is it difficult to send and receive mail in the DR? What about receiving packages? Is mail often tampered with or confiscated? How does the dominican postal system work?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
We will have the opposite situation as we will be living in the campo outside of Baharona within the year. Is it difficult to send and receive mail in the DR? What about receiving packages? Is mail often tampered with or confiscated? How does the dominican postal system work?

It doesn't work for anything other than letters, and even then it might not arrive.

Best bet is to use a private mail service, and they aren't always cheap, eg a letter from the US will cost US4. Another example is my Mom sent me a box of clothes and toys for my daughters and it cost me almost US40 in shipping fees.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
It doesn't work for anything other than letters, and even then it might not arrive.

Best bet is to use a private mail service, and they aren't always cheap, eg a letter from the US will cost US4. Another example is my Mom sent me a box of clothes and toys for my daughters and it cost me almost US40 in shipping fees.

INPOSDOM works for me and quite well, I'm proud to add. I use the Dominican postal service very frequently to send and receive envelops and small boxes. The service I most use is international EMS (Express Mail Service) which is equivalent, in USA, to INTERNATIONAL - USPS Global Priority. I routinely receive laptop computer parts via INPOSDOM shipped USPS Global Priority and delivered to my front door in under 10 days. My shipping weight is under 2 lbs and my shipping cost from Hollywood, Fl is US$20.

I have recently started ordering miscellaneous parts (Micro-controllers, & semiconductors) from a company in Gujarat, India using international Registered Air Mail through India Postal service because international EMS to DR from India is not yet available. My packages are delivered by INPOSDOM in under 30 days and they come to Santo Domingo DR via Mexico Postal. My packages from India weigh a tad under 1/2 pound and only cost me US$8 to ship. All and all, I find INPOSDOM reliable and cheap both to send and receive letters and small packages to/from anywhere in the world.

NotLurking

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
INPOSDOM works for me and quite well, I'm proud to add. I use the Dominican postal service very frequently to send and receive envelops and small boxes. The service I most use is international EMS (Express Mail Service) which is equivalent, in USA, to INTERNATIONAL - USPS Global Priority. I routinely receive laptop computer parts via INPOSDOM shipped USPS Global Priority and delivered to my front door in under 10 days. My shipping weight is under 2 lbs and my shipping cost from Hollywood, Fl is US$20.

I have recently started ordering miscellaneous parts (Micro-controllers, & semiconductors) from a company in Gujarat, India using international Registered Air Mail through India Postal service because international EMS to DR from India is not yet available. My packages are delivered by INPOSDOM in under 30 days and they come to Santo Domingo DR via Mexico Postal. My packages from India weigh a tad under 1/2 pound and only cost me US$8 to ship. All and all, I find INPOSDOM reliable and cheap both to send and receive letters and small packages to/from anywhere in the world.

NotLurking

I'm glad it is working for you but it is still more expensive and not as trustworthy as a typical private mail service such as Vimenpaq.

Vimenpaq