Eye doctor in Las Terrenas / Puerto Plata??

Gfunka

Jan 7, 2009
Hi All,

My girlfriend and I are in Las Terrenas right now. She scratched her eyeball last night and we're a bit concerned with the redness, swelling and pain.

We have a vehicle and are on our way back to Cabarete in the next few days.

Can anyone recommend a good eye doctor (opthomologist, optomistrist) in the Las Terrenas or Puerto Plata area?

Many thanks in advance

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
There are some recommendations on this board for Santiago if you do a search. Sorry, there is no-one I could recommend in PP. In the meanwhile antibiotic eyedrops might ease any infection she might have picked up - Oftalbiotic are good.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
i used the same when i got overexcited gardening and threw soil in my eyes- it worked well

Gfunka

Jan 7, 2009
Thanks for your help. If anyone else knows of an eye doctor in Puerto Plata please let us know.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
See either Dr. Guzman (Pedro) or Dr. Jose Asilis.
Guzman in Corominas
Asilis in Bonilla

top of the line all the way.

HB

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
If you can make your way to a local pharmacy ASAP, give them a note asking for POLYSPORIN, which you may know is an antibiotic and should be applied immediately on any scratch or infected eye. If you do get to a doctor here make sure that they are aware you are using POLYSPORIN as you will not need an eye wash during this applications.

Best of Luck!

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Also,if you have not already done this for your friend, cover the eye with a pad or large band aid to insure non exposure to sun light, dust and other other possible particles!