Update on Cabarete pickpockets

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Just wanted to post good news. The second client of ours that ran into the "pickpocket chica" had his wallet returned yesterday by another chica (did not sound like she was a working chica). The wallet was intact (turns out he had no money in the wallet when lifted). An true act of good will and a very happy ending for our renters.
Congratulations Cabarete!

Bob K

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I once found a wallet in th uk and stupidly took it to the address i found in it - they werent that happy despite it containing money and a few rings , in fact they seemed on the verge of calling the police - I decided to give things to a third party if it happened again

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I too found a wallet while walking one afternoon. It had money, credit cards, drivers lic, etc, all the stuff you never want to lose. I called the number I found in it and the lady asked that I deliver it to her as soon as possible. I explained it would be some time as I had other commitments but suggested she could by our home and pick it up when ever should could. She became very upset with me. So I dropped what I was doing and rushed it over to her. She didn't even say thank you. People of funny. I too would handle this differently next time, though not sure how.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I too found a wallet while walking one afternoon. It had money, credit cards, drivers lic, etc, all the stuff you never want to lose. I called the number I found in it and the lady asked that I deliver it to her as soon as possible. I explained it would be some time as I had other commitments but suggested she could by our home and pick it up when ever should could. She became very upset with me. So I dropped what I was doing and rushed it over to her. She didn't even say thank you. People of funny. I too would handle this differently next time, though not sure how.

Yeah some people!
Remember in the late eighties the at that time 14 year old brother of my first wife found a wallet with 25.000,- Dutch Guilders together with a bank check of 5.000,- Dutch Guilders.
He right away went to the police, reported the find and a day later the lady who lost the money came to my in-laws house and gave the boy some flowers!!!
People are realy appreciative of honesty!!!