Washing Machine

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Does anyone know where you can get a 'front loading' washing machine, in Santo Domingo, apart from Plaza Lama. I mention Plaza Lama because Robert had posted an 'offerta' from them where these machines were listed at 52,000 pesos - if that's their offerta price then god help us, there must be places where you can buy this type of machine without having to shell out nearly 1500 dollars surely.

Perhaps not, anyway if you know of a place I'd apreciate you letting me know.

Regards,
Paul

Nov 25, 2008
try Ferreteria La Americana, that's alot of money for just a washing machine, I myself live in Santiago and they run under 25,000, also try Pricesmart

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
try Ferreteria La Americana, that's alot of money for just a washing machine, I myself live in Santiago and they run under 25,000, also try Pricesmart

There is no ''front load?ng"washing machine in Santiago and of course not at Pricesmart which carry only cheap mass products.

You can see often ''front loading'' driers not washing machines.

P.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have seen some even in POP so they must have them in santiago not to mention SD.
in any case i remember the price was well above 40k pesos. they ain't cheap.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Molina Commercial has Fridgedaire front loaders for 30000. That's less than 850 bucks. I don't think you'll do much better than that.

They're located on Tiradentes.

If this Frigidaire Electrolux is a 20 pounds that the price. (no more than 30.000)

I am surprised they sell a product at a right price at Molinas. They usually over priced. They do not sell any products taking care of environment just flashy items.
Example: fridge with inox on the front only 5.8 amperes at a convenient price for drug dealers only.

P.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Molina sells a fridge that costs more than my (new) car. Now if you could drive it...

Talking of cars, it is probably more of a challenge to find a front-loading washing machine at a decent price than it is to find a manual car in this country. I wouldn't back down from the manual car but I did throw in the towel (as it were) when it came to washing machines. Those top loaders are brutal in that they mince your clothes, but they have much more capacity than the usual European machine.

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Thanks you lot

Thanks for the info here guys - our AEG Washer Dryer shipped over from the UK simply gives an error number in the LED display and wont let you do a thing. Got a guy in to check it out - he said it needed a new main curcuit board - got the correct one from the UK, fitted it, no change.

I have since found out that these boards need to be configured with the right equipment so if anyone knows of a possible electrical company that might be able to do this, I may not have to get a new one at all.

I don't expect to get anyone to get it going to be honest, but I'll try again before sticking it in the bin.

Your suggestions at least make me feel a lot better about the prospect of getting a front loader at a decent price.

Paul

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Thanks for the info here guys - our AEG Washer Dryer shipped over from the UK simply gives an error number in the LED display and wont let you do a thing. Got a guy in to check it out - he said it needed a new main curcuit board - got the correct one from the UK, fitted it, no change.

I have since found out that these boards need to be configured with the right equipment so if anyone knows of a possible electrical company that might be able to do this, I may not have to get a new one at all.

I don't expect to get anyone to get it going to be honest, but I'll try again before sticking it in the bin.

Your suggestions at least make me feel a lot better about the prospect of getting a front loader at a decent price.

Paul

It proves once more that it's often better to buy appliances or at least some appliances in the D.R. instead of having them shipped from other countries.

Sorry for the problems you are facing though

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com

Paul

How are/were you managing to run it on 110V if you don't mind me asking?

Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I find that for appliances it's catch-as catch-can. I got a great deal on a stove, washer (top loader) and dryer at Linares in Cabarete; a fridge from Corripio (POP) and a water heater at that new restaurant supply center in POP. These items were comprable to US prices, yet other items in these stores were way out of line.

I still can't find a great deal on Hi-Def lcd tv's, so I might ship from NY.

Freemo

May 26, 2003
2 voltage feeds

How are/were you managing to run it on 110V if you don't mind me asking?

Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

Hi Reidy

We have 2 voltage feeds, the 110 & 220 also - we even have the 3 pronged british plug sockets fitted alongside the 2 pronged Dominican ones. A liitle bit of England in the heart of Santo Domingo. LOL

Paul