Luperon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mengedegna

Jan 10, 2009
Anyone been to the resort in Luperon? I will be there in 2 weeks and im just wondering what to expect.

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Greetings,
I live on the north coast and have been to the Luperon resort. It was for only a weekend with friends. It is not a 5 star resort but I would give it a three star plus. The folks do everything they can to make it nice for you. There is a lot to do around here if you know someone that can help. The resort is about 2/3rds off meaning that it is only about 1/3rd full. Personally I don't like crowds anyway! Tourism bizz is slow around here as it is all over the place. If the weather holds out for you...and I think it will.... you will have a great time. Let me know if I can be of any more help. Where are you coming from?

Ken on in La Isabella.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Anyone been to the resort in Luperon? I will be there in 2 weeks and im just wondering what to expect.

To be honest, keep your expectations VERY low.

While I cant discredit the staff as "botemon" mentions, there is very little choice in the way of appetizing foods. We did try the one a la carte ( I think it was Mexican??) and it was average at best.

On the plus side, the beach is very pretty and the resort has a nice layout.

Make the most of it and enjoy your vacation.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Book your specialty dinners as soon as you check in, book the earliest dinners you can. This way if you dont like the food you can still hit the buffet dinner later.

Take a long walk or a motorbike ride to the blanca marina, have dinner or drinks there... usually interesting people, ask there about sailboat rides etc.

Read this site. Luper?n in the Dominican Republic
Get out of the resort, boring. Go into town etc.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Luperon: I guess you are the expert on the subject, is there any chance of hiring a little dingy sail boat for a couple of hours in the Luperon marina/area....?

I have been to quite a few places in DR and I can tell you this is hard to come by. (A couple of places that do hire, require certificates, papers and references from Admiral Nelson himself.... !!?)

IvanaP

May 30, 2009
Hi,

please, is possible to find some nice place on the north coast? We are going to Dominican rep. on July and we want to visit more places. And one of them is the silver coast - but we have problem to find here some nice place for two nights. We don ?t want to live in Puerto plata or Cabarete. Our tip was La Isabela, but hotel Miamar doesn t have e-mail adress and when we called them, they don t speak english :(

Thank you for your answer.

Ivana (Czech rep.)

Status
Not open for further replies.