Credibility to dr1 readers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
PS; please by pass my spelling mistakes,i do not use a spelling sheck.
dr1 is a good source of information for every one and a helpfull tools for the country i want it to be beneficial to all.
Response to comments about some of my writing and comments to the DR1 bloggers ,that some of my advices are falses or irelevents? or negatives?
I always painted more of the glasse half empty because if my coomments are rights ,it'll cost me beaucoup denero and if i am wrong i'll make mucho denero!.
I own a bagel bakery in portland ,Oregon"Bagel land" ,a restaurant in Carmel and propane station in Santo domingo and Haiti!
IN the usa the only troubles i encounter the past 20 years ,is some one filing unemployement againts my buisnees if not it's a smooth ride doing buisness. But in the DR and Haiti ,it's a mother f....k. nightmare, last year one of my propane truk flip over(thanks god nobody died) and it was a nightmare to deal with it , and get my business going again,specialy dealing with government administration. One thing that i have learn from the island is that , if you stay there long enough some very bad encounters will happen to you sooner or later ,so be prepare at all time.And there are plenty of evidences of a dark economic forcast for the DR.
I love Sosua very ,very much but i have seen it taking the same Bad roads that Cap Haitian took in the 70's.
Cap haitian use to be better than Sosua. We use to have 3 cruises boat/week in the baie; until insecurity and high corruption and drugs ancer them self in that town,small vendors start desepearing ,motels start closing and tourists shrunk rapidely and the left over was taking by a corupt army ,than the coup de grace came with the introduction to HIV. All of those sympthomes spreaded from north to south east to west till the whole country went down.
People refused to adrees the probleme and took the hight road,till it become nobodies probleme and the exodus starded to the USA and to the other island.Beeing a residant with outside income and making a living in Hispanola are very different.
I just do not want to loose Sosua as i did Cap Haitian .The developement of those two towns showed alot of similarity(execpt the HIV part).
What i wrote in the DR1 threads are what i lived thru my own eyes ,so we must make sure history does not repeat it self again.If we do not see the reality for what it is ,than how could we resolve its problemes?
we should converse and exchange ideas Vs making some "macho statment"!! I don't know you and you don't know me so there is no need and time to be right or wrong!
Let just help each other have a better life.
The only way we could survive what's coming to us is to have a better sense of commonity!!

Reactions: FernieBee

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Island life can be very different to life back in the USA or Europe.
Doing business, well that's completely different beast :)

The biggest problem I see here is the apathy. Most Dominicans are VERY apathetic and will lay the blame on someone else, if possible. Hence the mess some places are now in.

But...

I have hope and the country has plenty of smart and educated people that are working and fighting everyday to make it a better place.

I have seen massive changes in the past 8-10 years, it's slow, but it's changing.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Running a business on this island teaches you all that stuff about running a business that they didn't/couldn't teach you at school.
I am curious if I would now do a better job of running a business in my home country. I have certainly developed a sense of when I am being screwed - which is basically all the time - and I have more tolerance for outright stupidity.
I think "Health and Safety" might have a few questions for me if I carried on like this back home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.